That's a nice rack thread you had there; shame if something were to happen to it again

I would contact orc before making any decisions. Then if he is too expensive or backed up then go with the soma. Because they are a real company with a real customer service channel.

I think orc is too rich for my blood currently. supwief getting me the bag was already a stretch financially, single income family life is tight. so soma it is, probably.

thanks all!

Just got the Soma in on Friday and was pleasantly surprised with it. Definitely a great choice, just shipping from SF is a PITA.

lol @ describing Soma that way

1 Like

Speaking of Rawland, I forgot to post this bug

1 Like

Oooh good bug

Poorly placed light (among other things)

Umm, what is going on here?

Scroll down

:woman_facepalming:

That looks like it could have been pretty awesome if they’d done a couple things differently.

1 Like

The story of pretty much everything, ever.

Rawland Raidoverks Demiporteur V2 Rack compared to Haulin Colin Porteur. Attached to Swift Industries Ozette XL rando bag. Hoping to use this for rail / air travel that requires boxing. Someday hopefully I can get a rack that has non-adjustable but demountable stays.

1 Like

I have an Orc with this, and also the tomstone comes off. Was great packing it into the S&S case.

I’ll see if I can take some comparo shots of the MASH rack vs XL HC with the ozette XL.

The mash rack has a wider tombstone which doesn’t fit most randobags but it’s shallower, plus the custom struts means it packs down nicely.

Is that a security buckle on your side straps? I found the front wide velcro was awful and just came undone after 5km or so of tarmac. I ended up tying the bag down to the rack with toestraps from the side D loops.

So guess this means they’re actually shipping. I’ve been holding off ordering until they posted specs on their site, which they still never have, to see if it would work with my Polaris bag.

Hey does anybody have a link to the old tarck thread where diy decaleur thingies were discussed at length?
My decaleur from my boulder is 1" and doesn’t fit on my Shawver.

Somewhere around here, bit more searching will get you there but I have to run

Them’s the tubes, and here is the style of mount I used for v2.0:

I had to finish it with a combination of gorilla tape and grip tape used in strategic locations (so as not to get peeled off by attaching and detaching the ortlieb hardware) to thicken the carbon rod a little. I also had to thicken it up slightly to clamp into the above mount. I used some inner tube wrapped in gorilla tape for that. If you make it neat, it looks good.

This is what I did, a variation of this. I wanted to keep the stem and bag separate since I have no idea where the bars/stem will end up (have already lowered stem 20mm). With some discounts, I’m into it less than $55.

Axiom Trekk 28.6mm seatpost collar (with the lip removed)
Salsa strut mount kit
Salsa strut
Ortlieb QL1 short rail, hook set, screw set
Aluminum stock from big box hardware store

That looks great, but I honestly don’t have enough room on the steerer for more stuff, if you can believe that.
There’s a canti hanger on there and the bike has a tall ass headtube.

Ha, I kind of can’t, but it’s been a while since I’ve seen a picture of your boulder.