That's a nice rack thread you had there; shame if something were to happen to it again

Hmm, something familiar about this geometry

I think it looks stupid

2 Likes

Who tf double drills the fork crown

5 Likes

What the fuck do you put on that rack? A pair of socks? A half eaten burrito? A 20" inner tube?

1 Like

Maybe a jar of honey. Ants like honey.

2 Likes

Tbh, it’s got a lot of areas for improvement

Radavist featured bike

Has this bagman for the front thing been covered? I like the minimalistic approach but could see this being very sproingy. And no headlamp mount.

Made from solid 304 Stainless Steel, JACK is lightweight but is a true strong-man. He’s rated for loads of up to 5KG** (But can take 5x that if you really wanted to put him to the test)

Cool idea for a very easily removed/mounted front rack but yep, looks bouncy.

The other problem being the high centre of gravity if you’re on a particularly tall bike.

i’m just wondering why theres a strap to hold it in when in is the way its most likely to start going…

i love the concept, but whoever makes it so you can brace it to the underside of your stem or something attached to the steerer above the headset from the bottom back of it will be a huckleberry or some shit

2 Likes

Yeah, I can’t see how it’s attached but my main concern is that it would rotate downward onto the wheel. The strap to the headtube seems to be to stop it rotating upwards…

There appears to be a yellow elastic strap wrapped around the stem itself pulling the hooked ends around the handlebar. The lower strap opposes that to keep it level, I suppose.
Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 7.43.03 PM

1 Like

Beat me to it.

The supporting forces are constrained in such a compact area relative to the weight-bearing area of the rack that they need to be multiple times the cargo weight to make things reasonably stable, shmartmo.

1 Like

They really need an install video with someone then poking the very front end just to demonstrate how it reacts to loads.

Boingy

1 Like

NGL this looks EXACTLY like a fop chariot I would commission

1 Like

I know this isn’t really this kinda rack thread, but I didn’t want to start a new one for this question. Got this mounted to the truck’s cab rack with stainless 1/4" bolts and t-nuts (the crossbars are 80/20 aluminum excursions if you can’t tell), doo you engineer types think this is kosher or am I asking for trouble. Seems solid as fuck but IDK.

4 Likes

what size 80/20? probably fine… especially if it’s the thicc stuff. if you were worried you could rigidify it up by doubling up maybe

It’s this stuff. This was the easiest way to mount it without fuxing with the bike rack, normally it’d be mounted on Yak round bars with 4 of the wrap around plastic jawns and 5/16 bolts.

Probably quite solid. If you’re really worried you could add two squared U-bolts, but run the plates from one to the other so you capture both the extrusion and the rack tube.

1 Like