That's a nice rack you got there; shame if something happened to it...

Wald basket attached to cheap front rack or basket attached with included hardware?

What is the cheapest front rack that attaches to eyelets at the dropout?

Soma Lucas. Supposedly okay.

I have a Lucas you can have

HY!

Had a mate take that into MTB country and snapped a tang. But otherwise yeah pretty good. I put a 4mm thick tang on my front rack (was paranoid.)

Is the tang the piece of metal that attaches the rack to the top of the fork?

Yup that’s a tang, you can also use a stainless steel angle bracket from any hardware store, available in 3mm or 4mm with holes drilled out to fit M6 bolts, depending on the kind of terrain you’ll be on and the load you’ll be carrying.

“diving board plate” as RivenGrant of Petersendell calls it

Just use a longer recessed nut, like the ones needed for tapered carbon forks. The modern Shimano dual pivots come with several lengths in the box.

It’s a collapsing parallelogram with no static joints

Rivendell thinks they can avoid lawsuits by saying that a nylon toestrap tethering the tombstone to your handlebars is required

It does come with a tang attachment so you can put it on a road bike and then have it collapse, as well. I need a new fuckin rack.

TC I’m into that mash rack and prob would buy one if I still rode my track bike

Rivendell thinks they can avoid lawsuits by saying that a nylon toestrap tethering the tombstone to your handlebars is required[/quote]

Also ‘official’ weight limit: 4.4 lbs / 2 kg

Fwiw I jackknifed going like 18mph and my radlawn demipooper suffered only scrapes despite taking a good dive.

ps dont try to pick a serious wedgie while riding

What’s the weight limit on a Gilles Berthoud Front Rack, 2 Baguettes and a bottle of Pinot Noir?

2 batards, 1 Bordeaux, a triple creme Brie, and an Opinel N°8

Rivendell thinks they can avoid lawsuits by saying that a nylon toestrap tethering the tombstone to your handlebars is required[/quote]

Also ‘official’ weight limit: 4.4 lbs / 2 kg[/quote]

Hmmm

How is mine going to break? The tang?

Background: I don’t think it sees much more than 2 kg. The heaviest load is like tools and a sixer of ensure. Also Im only using 2 of 4 struts.

Also ‘official’ weight limit: 4.4 lbs / 2 kg[/quote]

Hmmm

How is mine going to break? The tang?

Background: I don’t think it sees much more than 2 kg. The heaviest load is like tools and a sixer of ensure. Also Im only using 2 of 4 struts.[/quote]

Yup probably the tang, take it on some hard pack singletarck or go over a few potholes

the leg joints loosen up real easy

zo, blue loctite and a spare tang… check

What’s the tarck approved front rando bag rack for caliper brakes then??