the look out honey coz im usin technology aka the garmin/powertap/srm thread

Etrex 20/30 with a dyno-hub !
You gotta have good eyes tho.

That’s a popular unit with the flannelboisofbikepacking in melb. 2x lithium AAs plus another 2 spares would easily last that long in the absence of a dyno.

Yeah, just a GPS unit would be great, and a paper map you can check every so often.

Yeah, with judicious use and lithiums, before I had a dynamo, I would get 4-5 days/1100kms from one set.

I want to add a camera or two, any suggestions? Pretty concerned about getting rear ended.

There’s a Virb Elite at my shop marked down for a ridiculous amount, and it will play nice with my 510 but is just a front cam
I’m also looking at these Cycliq combos

I guess I wouldn’t recognize if I saw someone with a fly6 or similar, but I do see a fair number of cheap action cameras strapped to bikes.

[quote=derrayyyvid]I want to add a camera or two, any suggestions? Pretty concerned about getting rear ended.

There’s a Virb Elite at my shop marked down for a ridiculous amount, and it will play nice with my 510 but is just a front cam
I’m also looking at these Cycliq combos

[/quote]

A guy on one of my lbs campouts had one of these -he also had a habit of trying to re-route the group. Also the price was $666

Bunch of my coworkers use the fly6 camera/taillights and seem to really like them, but no first hand experience.

I test rode a fly 6 for a few months and the video quality was not good enough to read license plates (this was 3 years ago though). Main problem was headlights would wash out the whole image. Crash detection feature was cool and worked ok. Taillight was also good but didn’t function right, like it was stuck on one setting, if the storage card wasn’t in.

Maybe that’s all fixed now

Double

[quote=EddBread]
A guy on one of my lbs campouts had one of these -he also had a habit of trying to re-route the group. Also the price was $666[/quote]

Oh man that would be so cool for crits if it weren’t in such an ugly helmet. Much more aero than , and helmet cam footage is way better than bike cam footage atmo

Also if you crash in it can you move the cameras to another helmet for cheaper, or are you stuck buying a whole new setup?

I use contour roam2 cameras, they’re pretty cheap and they don’t look nearly as stupid as a gopro

they really suck at night though.