The New and Improved Bay Area Thread!

I can’t find the old one so here is a new one! Hi all people who live in the best area of the US. How are you today?

the best coast is the midwest obviously

Hey Nate! I was just thinking that it’s been forever since I’ve seen you and the pre-wife. Can we hang out soon, please?

Sure, I was planning to invite you to my birthday dinner on the 16th. 95% sure it will be New Ganges.

sup area

nevermind

I like food.

food tastes good

do you want Bill sperm with that?

If by “midwest” you mean “west”

Still love you all, still miss you all. Hope to get up there again soon, maybe in a few months. XOXO

Anyone else doing Lion of Fairfax cross on the 16th? Just signed up for the Mens C race.

Out of town that weekend. I think I’m going to be at super prestige the following week, though.

awesome, got my cross bike built up and crash/hurt my shoulder in the same week.

'Sup Tarck. All of you should come to Spokeland’s fundraiser alleycat in two weeks to help make their free bike-repair space a reality. This is one of those “for fun” races Ian’s always going on about. It’s points-based with nothing too grueling, but there will be opportunities to hammer if that’s your thing. Prizes and glory for the winners.

Where: Fairyland Bandstand beside Lake Merritt
When: Saturday, Oct. 23rd at 12:30 PM
Why: for the children

oh, and here’s the facebock page

^thanks, max, don’t know why i didn’t think of posting that here. i guess cuz i tend to not think of tarck as regional?

[quote=max power]'Sup Tarck. All of you should come to Spokeland’s fundraiser alleycat in two weeks to help make their free bike-repair space a reality. This is one of those “for fun” races Ian’s always going on about. It’s points-based with nothing too grueling, but there will be opportunities to hammer if that’s your thing. Prizes and glory for the winners.

Where: Fairyland Bandstand beside Lake Merritt
When: Saturday, Oct. 23rd at 12:30 PM
Why: for the children

oh, and here’s the facebock page[/quote]
You’re involved with Spokeland? I have a few friends who are/were at one time involved. Do you know Matt D, Daniel A and/or Steve J? All formerly from the Santa Cruz coop, now east bay folk?

from sffixed:

Saturday November 20th, 2010.

Murphy’s Enduro
“It doesn’t have to be fun to be fun”
Volume III
1/3 road, 1/3 rocks and 1/3 dirt*

For the first time, I’m offering short, medium and regular Enduro routes. The full serving will be ~80 miles.

Mind-blowing views, sweet singletrack, desolate pavement, winding swoopy fire roads.

A full day of bike riding, BBQ R.O.U.S and some of the best beers around.

The aid stations on this one will make you wonder if you’re racing or out on a 80 mile rolling buffet…

Vegetarians/vegans will be glad to hear I’ve got a separate chef, JUST FOR THEM.

It just so happens that my birthday is the same day, so why not combine a huge BBQ/beer/BDAY bash with an Enduro?

What better than to do TWO fun things in the SAME DAY?

The race will start in the morning (but not too early) and you’ll be done before dark, just in time to hose off, change into the dry clothes you brought and EAT. Local beer, local wine… no swill here.

The BBQ will have a whole aisle of veggie/vegan items and a seperate chef grilling up South American water hogs.

That’s right… Capybara.

More details to come, including a prize list of sick stuff from local makers as well as some fun surprises.

Guys and girls get equal payouts.

For now, mark you calendar… ok?

*Actual ratios may vary

I was planning to do a permanent that day but looks like I have new plans.

[quote=beargrinderrrrrr]from sffixed:

Saturday November 20th, 2010.

Murphy’s Enduro
“It doesn’t have to be fun to be fun”
Volume III
1/3 road, 1/3 rocks and 1/3 dirt*

For the first time, I’m offering short, medium and regular Enduro routes. The full serving will be ~80 miles.

Mind-blowing views, sweet singletrack, desolate pavement, winding swoopy fire roads.

A full day of bike riding, BBQ R.O.U.S and some of the best beers around.

The aid stations on this one will make you wonder if you’re racing or out on a 80 mile rolling buffet…

Vegetarians/vegans will be glad to hear I’ve got a separate chef, JUST FOR THEM.

It just so happens that my birthday is the same day, so why not combine a huge BBQ/beer/BDAY bash with an Enduro?

What better than to do TWO fun things in the SAME DAY?

The race will start in the morning (but not too early) and you’ll be done before dark, just in time to hose off, change into the dry clothes you brought and EAT. Local beer, local wine… no swill here.

The BBQ will have a whole aisle of veggie/vegan items and a seperate chef grilling up South American water hogs.

That’s right… Capybara.

More details to come, including a prize list of sick stuff from local makers as well as some fun surprises.

Guys and girls get equal payouts.

For now, mark you calendar… ok?

*Actual ratios may vary[/quote]so what is this? cross? fixed?