The New and Improved Bay Area Thread!

i’m probably going to ride ss mtb 35x18 and lose hard and not do all 80 miles but have lots of fun. you could ride a cross bike, or fixed…i dunno. i bet cross bike with gears would give you the best advantage, perhaps also 29er.

it’s both and off-road so you could do whatever you want bikewise and just try to weigh what would give you the best advantage wherever.

i have road bike, will that work? if no, is that allyecat gonna be good? should i go?

You won’t be able to ride it on a road bike.

you could ride it on a road bike. you’d just be walking some parts, slow on others, and probably hate life at several points in the race.

Really want to take a day off work for this…

lol sounds like some do not want

more gnar for me.

are you talking about the 80 offroad miles, or the fact that murphy is grilling up one of these:

so is anyone doing the enduro?

I am.

someone send me a gordo’s burrito in the mail

i think so. i have yet to find out cost. my wheels are going to shit and i destroyed one of my two good dirt tires so i might just put a knobby in front (1.95 rear, boooo, or shitty pos 2.125, boooo) and a ba in back and hope for the best. i don’t actually know where to be be or when to be there, and depending on where it starts, i may have to figure out how to get there.

but it sounds hella fun and i’d love to.

I’m gonna do a centuryish loop out of Woodside on Friday if anyone wants to roll.

this is the best burrito.

[quote=beargrinderrrrrr]i think so. i have yet to find out cost. my wheels are going to shit and i destroyed one of my two good dirt tires so i might just put a knobby in front (1.95 rear, boooo, or shitty pos 2.125, boooo) and a ba in back and hope for the best. i don’t actually know where to be be or when to be there, and depending on where it starts, i may have to figure out how to get there.

but it sounds hella fun and i’d love to.[/quote]
I could lend you a small block 8 (26 x 2.1) if you promise not to skid too much…I can’t get the day off, so it looks like I will not be riding.

quick! i goto tomorrow off from work, anyone wanna go ride in the east bay? thinking about the berkeley hills…

Come ride in Woodside with my brother and I. Doing a couple really fun climbs then getting drinks. PM me if you want to roll, you could ride from SF with me if ya want.

down near redwood city? i assume road?

Yup.

[quote=deadforkinglast][quote=beargrinderrrrrr]i think so. i have yet to find out cost. my wheels are going to shit and i destroyed one of my two good dirt tires so i might just put a knobby in front (1.95 rear, boooo, or shitty pos 2.125, boooo) and a ba in back and hope for the best. i don’t actually know where to be be or when to be there, and depending on where it starts, i may have to figure out how to get there.

but it sounds hella fun and i’d love to.[/quote]
I could lend you a small block 8 (26 x 2.1) if you promise not to skid too much…I can’t get the day off, so it looks like I will not be riding.[/quote]

aw, that sucks.

and yeah, i don’t really skid. if we can work it out to borrow the tire, sure, that would be cool. if it doesn’t work, though, i can make it work…i have the pair of knobbies that came on the bike, they would do in a pinch.