The New New Guy Thread. Your first post goes here. Seriously.

Sup Paris. I’m listening to Jane Birkin and Serge Gainsbourg right now.

I kind of like your generic Instagram money pit.

Grip Kings, tho?

Your dynamo wires make me upset, but I’m not one to talk because I’m still using Knog lights.

Don’t those moneypits have internal dynowire routing or am I making this up?

The old forks did, but nothing else.

Mu unicorn fork has internal routing. Did I just get lucky?

No one I know did. There are vent holes on either side, and I managed to run a wire up the blade and out of the bottom of the crown, but it surely wasn’t meant to be this way.

I approve of this new guy’s dyno wiring style.

New guy do you have any more embarrassing bikes to show
What’s your favorite French cheese

Yeah, I got all excited about getting everything set up and figured I’d run the wire through the fork later. Also, it looks like the wire might be just a smidge too short. It’ll get fixed eventually…probably.

I’m going to pretend I don’t…

I’m going to pretend I don’t…[/quote]

Just once I’d love it if someone blew our minds by having a standard issue lowtrail rando boxybag bike, but then also a massive freeride rig and a billion dollar tri bike. But no, you probably have a vintage Trek mtb with a big basket and some kind of quaint shifter setup and maybe a moderately priced cx bike, right?

edit: oop my bad the basket is on the lowtrail multistrada bike.

Hmmm. The hole on mine is on the back of the blade in the perfect spot for the dyno wire. I’ve exited it at the crown which isn’t perfect, but works just fine. There’s no corresponding hole on the other blade either…

This guy has the nuts on the OUTSIDE of his Berthoud fenders!
What a stupid piece of shit!

Are you supposed to put them inside, thus having to keep fender farther from your tire?

[quote]…you probably have a vintage Trek mtb with a big basket and some kind of quaint shifter setup…
[/quote]

That’s pretty accurate.

I used to live in terror of getting something stuck in my front fender.

[quote=paris][quote]…you probably have a vintage Trek mtb with a big basket and some kind of quaint shifter setup…
[/quote]

That’s pretty accurate.
[/quote]

;…(

Yeah, can you clarify Rudy?
I have mine setup like this to prevent the buildup of mud/debris on the inside of the fender which always bothered me with my original NFE and the VO fenders.

Weird. I copied a bunch of little details from your build, but I think I put those bolts in backward about eight years ago when I was trying to fit those fenders on a Quickbeam with 40mm tires.
Great minds and all that.

You think the nut’s gonna get dirty?
Try using those tiny hex bolts after a couple years of crud being sprayed directly into the wrench interface.