The New New Guy Thread. Your first post goes here. Seriously.

Yes, I hate it.

Are you also the velo orange guy?

I think we are all the Velo Orange guy now

tarck is an inside job

I heard that heath has a private email server.

I am Spartacus.

Nope but others have confused us.

In my pants.

Here’s my other one except I sold the Compass cranks to someone that cared more about them. Garbage shifting with 11 speed or maybe I suck at shifting (probably both).

Levers need to go up bars need to go down

Bars down, levers up, that’s the way tarck likes to 'sup…

Yup

Probably right. I made some adjustments.
Shit, I know a lot, but there’s some things I don’t know

like maybe next time shift to the big boy gear for the photo

Your Kelly:
Trim cables, crimp on endcaps
install second bottle cage
make a choice about the steerer, buy a hacksaw, get to work. Upward angled stem > steerer tower
build your own wheels, unless you’re Mr. Hunt
bar/lever as previously noted
swap fd for cx70 for cheap solution to the fit problems you’re going to have with any larger tires
I feel like there’s probably something off about your fit: little seatpost showing and up-rotated bars suggest you might be a little over-framed.

I dunno, what do you do with this bike?

Cable ends. Lil metal condom dealies that you use to keep your cable ends from fraying Unless you soldered your cable ends already, which… probably not.

Just call them levers. If you have normal handlebars you should run a ruler forward along the bottom of your drops, the tip of the lever should roughly intersect it. adjust minutely from there, but that method is very likely to get you a good position.

Was this frame built for you, or is it second hand?

brifters?

the same geometry except for something that radically changes the geometry? This is a baked potato except it’s made out of pig meat and is in a bun and has relish but no sir it’s not a hot dog.

Whatever, though, if it feels nice to ride, cool.

No insult intended about second hand custom frames (if it is custom, Kelly does some off the rack stuff too, I guess), I had a Serotta back in the day that was rad as hell. If it fits for what you’re doing with it, that’s great.

So what cranks do you have on it now? Did you fix the steerer tube when you flipped the stem? You can buy hacksaws off Amazon real cheap, with same day shipping you could not have a sternum puncher by the end of the weekend.

Ban!!!

dagf about retro grouch, i’d ride the shit outta ferg’s herse