The Nü Nü Nü People Thread - Your first post goes here

find me a word that isn’t made up. i’ll wait.

2 Likes

Downshift

14 Likes

Holy shit, is there like an exit interview or something I need to fill out?

3 Likes

Chains can have a little push as a treat.

6 Likes

the chaaaaaiin
we push it together
(dangler pusher/puller)

2 Likes

I dunno that SLR downtube storage looks pretty sweet

Yeah, does ‘fancy’ matter if the end product is ‘good?’

1 Like

I think I’m with @amy on this one. If you reach out and bring something towards you, even if your fingers/hands wrap around the opposite side of the object, you’re still pulling it, you’re not pushing it from the opposite side.

Fuck why did I let myself get sucked into this. This is the chainsuck of threads.

4 Likes

Tarck at its Worst™️

(I still read every post)

11 Likes

Is the cat pulling or pushing the soap MIKE?

:joy:

3 Likes

It’s his orientation to the soap that matters! I’ll admit him being more to the side of it than in front or behind makes things confusing. Right now it’s more like pushing, but if he started out sitting between the soap and the edge of the counter, it would be pulling.

1 Like

atmo it’s pushing with the palm of its right hand when it’s downshifting. pushing with the palm of its left hand when upshifting

because it’s sitting on top of the cranks and the chain is between its two sides

3 Likes

Ok fair point re: location of the body of the DR.

So it’s like a cat batting a toy back and forth between its paws.

4 Likes

in general I’m here for weird slang but y’all are really in the weeds over pulling vs pushing?

1 Like

OK now we’re saying a derailleur has two arms? Come on, it’s a loop and it only has one lever arm.

These kinds of arguments are tarck are the best ones cuz they aren’t serious, so no one is getting up in arms and quitting the forum over it. @Master_Stabby isn’t quitting, he loves this shit.

9 Likes

One lever that moves the loop so it can push the chain back and forth.

2 Likes

some of us don’t get to have human interaction anymore

9 Likes

oh I know @Master_Stabby isn’t going anywhere, he’s in too deep for that. I mean we went from an interesting analysis of pusher theory to a general lexical beanplate about words— for what it’s worth the insight about pins/ramps made me think differently about how that whole thing works

2 Likes