The Nü Nü Nü People Thread - Your first post goes here

Gunnar looks great, except I think I am seeing an… adjustable stem?

looks like a redshift suspension stem, which is less :face_with_raised_eyebrow: but still a little :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Don’t knock it till you try it

isn’t the stem engineered to make its own knocking motions independently?

9 Likes

loving the comfort hybrid setup plus what are those, Alpitude carbon bottle cages?

3 Likes

I have the Redshift post and stem on my camping bike, and I like them just fine. The post is better than the stem, though.

Would it be possible to pair that suspension stem with the Canyon hoverbars and put them on a Roubaix with the headshock thingy?

3 Likes

Yo dog sort of setup

1 Like

Hang all that off of one of these and you have a “hell yeah brother” sort of situation.

5 Likes

Counterfeit Lightweight Edelhelfer. Think I should switch it to upright bars and a sprung brooks or one of those balloon comfort saddles with the fake suspension ?

2 Likes

Oh no if that works for you it’s great, I was just curious about the kind of bicycle history that lands someone $100000000 carbon cages but also a comfy stem.

I think they were $20? from AliExpress. Haven’t broken yet.

1 Like

@new guys your bikes are all right.

1 Like

For your judgement I submit my NFE. Build currently is as follows:

Wheels: 12mm version of SON / DT350 on Easton Arc24 rims (32h/3x)
Cockpit: Easton EA90 seat post (20mm setback); Pro Discover Stem (70mm); Easton AX EA70 bars, 46mm wide; Supacaz Super Sticky Kush tap.
Drivetrain & brakes: Shimano GRX 400 11sp brifters and rear derailleur; 11-34 cassette; Easton EC90 cranks (30-46); CX70 front derailleur. XT two piston IS calipers - resin pads with 180/160 SRAM two-piece rotors.
Lights: edelux II and Mu (mounted via August Cycles barrel nut + bracket)
Racks & bags: Haulin Colin / Cyclefab NFE porteur rack; Swift Ozette XL; Campestral Decaleur w/Ortlieb QL1; Tubus Duo w/Jimmythefly’s hook-keepers; Swift Sonora X-Pac panniers; Revelate Pika rear bag.
Tires: Switchback Hills; Juniper Ridge and Thunder Burts in rotation.
Fenders: Rene Herse / Honjo H80 XL (62mm wide) with PDW safety tabs added (post photo).
Headset & BB: IRD Double Roller II; Chris King Threadfit 30.
Saddle: WTB SST synthetic. Handles the rain and doesn’t trash my shorts like Cambium.
Pedals: XT clipless & RaceFace Chesters in rotation.
Cages: King Cage standard & Iris; Widefoot cargo cage for carrying more.

This is a stock thru-axle NFE with an added bottle boss on top side of downtube.

The regrets: missing eyelet on front of fork; the headset wasn’t available in black at time of build (but is now); the Ozette color.

11 Likes

do those rene herse water bottles actually hold water or does it all leak out. sunglass emoj.

20 Likes

That is the tarckist bike that only a Tarckist could tarck.

How do you feel about Cincinnati Chili?

5 Likes

This is peak Tarck 5 years ago. Everyone has dad bikes now.

5 Likes

Three things, that’s it?

1 Like

it even has the 3dp squirrel tubus hook retainers

3 Likes

Hey, I also plagiarized the Squirrel bike! Just the setup though. Not the colors. I’m not a maniac.

9 Likes