The Nü Nü Nü People Thread - Your first post goes here

Cool bike new guy. Thanks for keeping the double alive and not doing some janky quasi-lowrider stuff sack bullshit like that one weirdo in the Google group.

3 Likes

Very nice build. I particularly like the weight savings. While some might find it unsightly to see the naked steer tube through your stem cut out, they don’t have to ride those grams up hill. Well done sir. Also, did you score a 2 for 1 sale on housing ? I like that you have enough extra if you need to replace it during a ride you are all set.

3 Likes

True. We’ve gone through fender+rack+dyno mini velos, now having settled on cargo bikes with fenders and a dyno.

@Michael_McArthur’'s Future Self, welcome !

2 Likes

The bike is so generic I can’t even come up with a good heckle

6 Likes

take it easy Nüperson, we want to see a picture of your garage door, not read a dissertation about your bike

6 Likes

Here’s my singletrack setup for you to do your worst.

Build is:

Frame: Neuhaus Solstice, Large (65 head angle; 430mm CS; 56mm BBD)
Fork: Fox 36 Performance Elite, reduced to 130mm
Wheels: DT350 boost on Chromag Phase30 rims
Cockpit: Chromag HiFi 50mm; OneUp riserbars (20mm) at 770mm
Dropper: Currently a OneUP two ten.
Saddle: WTB Volt
Brakes: Magura Trail Sport, 180mm centre lock rotors and Performance pads.
Tires: Specialized Butcher T9 29 x 2.6
Drivetrain: Next SL cranks w/28t OneUp switch ring, XTR cassette (10-45), chain and shifter (12sp).
Pedals: XT
Cages: Specialized
Headset: Wolf Tooth premium
Bottom bracket: Wheels Mfgr T47 angular

This is a stock Solstice with an added triple boss on the underside of downtube and rear rack mounts added. Premise is a trail bike that can handle my local north shore trails and the odd overnighter using a rear rack etc.

Regrets: If I had it to do again, I’d slacken the seat angle a degree (75.7 to 74.7). If any Tarck judges are keen for a trail tour in Vancouver, hit me up.

12 Likes

That’s a nice color :atmo:

1 Like

Couldn’t find a dropper that fit ?

1 Like

Good catch. Here it is with the proper dropper:
Neuhaus_side

3 Likes

first the 3dp tubus stops, now the 3dp bike?

1 Like

I like this bike a lot.

Big/big crosschained though :colbert:

1 Like

sup nfe bro

1 Like

9 Likes

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

1 Like

um excuse me
they are called shakes

4 Likes

6 Likes

Hello, welcome! I live in port moody.

1 Like

Confirmed CA too-nice new guy

Nice boring bikes where’s your fixie

i move that every nu guy has to explain how they found tarck and why they stayed beyond the lurking stage

13 Likes

“what led you to think that this was a good idea now?” is the kind of ominous open-ended question I love to see

7 Likes