The Nü Nü Nü People Thread - Your first post goes here

A garage door is generally considered acceptable, and we get to judge the door as well

1 Like

Yes, make sure you pick the best garage door you can find.

1 Like

Changed it to a little bit more of a straight on shot, but the next time I ride through the suburbs I’ll put it on the whitest garage door I can find.

I have a bunch of detail shots but I can only upload one image per post at the moment. I even have other bicycles too.

Have you considered riding on tires that don’t suck?

I originally wanted to put some challenge roubaixs on but had a hell of a time even getting one bead over the rim wall, and put paselas on instead. I figured that if the challenges were that difficult to install, I would have also have a hell of a time fixing a flat on the side of the road.

I believe gravel kings are available in 700x26 now, and I’m considering getting those since I’ve had a decent experience with the 35s and 38s on my other bikes.

have you considered tufo’s spectacular clincher tubulars?

seriously though I would not recommend gravel kings in skinny tire land where better/cheaper tires exist. The only thing that makes me miss rim brake skinny fast bikes is vittoria open corsas. Or veloflex tires. Mhmmm.

Folding tire beads typically stretch a little once mounted for a bit.

1 Like

Are those like 28s? Just get gp4k’s

but get them in 25s if those rims are even 17mm internal. my experience has been that 25s are 27s and are basically perfect for skinny go fast rim brake road bike

Been lurking for some months, finally decided to register on they shiny new forum, will probably continue to lurk mostly. I understand this is where the FNGs are supposed to post their bikes so that the tarck panel of experts will tell me precisely how they suck.

Bike #1: Nashbar 853 Special that I’ve been doing jackass builds on for the last decade.

Bike #2: probably drank the G-Ted koolaid a little too much with this bike. But it’s fun as hell and it makes me want to ride more.

2 Likes

I want to like that pink bike but those shifters and that seat clamp thing are ruining my day.

can we recommend this guy a wrist surgeon so he can get a referral before he inevitably needs one

3 Likes

Do you have to stop your bike & unbuckle those giant nalgene bottles every time you want a sip of water?

1 Like

Figured the retroshakes would ruin some days. They’re nice for mix&match drivetrains, though.

There’s a bottle in the feedbag and I had a camelbak too. This was 2 full days worth of drinking + cooking water.

You’re going to need bigger feedbags if you’re going to hide more spacers.

No they’re not. You’re wrong.

2 Likes

It does indeed have a doofstem. I’ve been riding more and my back’s a lot more flexible than it was when I set it up; I should probably lower it. That said, the frame is definitely a size too small.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What would you suggest?

probs jones bars with some xt shifters and clutch dangler. Bonus is you get real v-brakes with that

i love that pink tho

This?

or

or

or idunno these?

1 Like

I’ve actually been considering Jones bars + a real indexed drivetrain for the orange bike.

The XTR canti brakes stop really nice.

I’ve never understood why these are less offensive.