The Phantom starring Billy Zine

after reading about zines in another thread and then how terrible all social media is on another, i have decided to move forward with a zine. probably either 16 or 32 pages, something i can fold up and saddle stitch by hand easily.

open to suggestions for content, names, colors, size, substrate, etc.

9 Likes

If you need opinionated articles that may or may not be factually correct, idiotic stories from bike people over the age of 40, or photos that may or may not be good OR bike related, this is the place

3 Likes

Your Bike Sucks: A Treatise on Doing It Wrong ATMO
Low Trail And You: A Guide To Overpacking
Are You There Grant? It’s Me, Margaret

9 Likes

Billy Zane played John Justice Wheeler in season 2 of Twin Peaks, which is kind of a Grantish name, but with all of the pizzazz removed.

2 Likes

Are you there, Jan? It’s me, Jan.

5 Likes

would it be too mean to do a monthly “worst reddit bike”?

5 Likes

Not mean enough, that’d fill a whole zine every month

3 Likes

80s reenactment picnic bike

3 Likes

like Vice’s Do’s & Don’ts but even worse

7 Likes

I’d love to see a Raygun-magazine level of weirdness, like setting an entire article in Zapf Dingbats, or laying it out after you cut yourself working on your bike and using the blood drops as a compositional element

1 Like

i do think it needs to be cryptic and weird. lots of it might not even be bike-related. even the bike-related stuff wont really be bike-related.

2 Likes

I think looking at that everyday to find the worst would be bad for your mental health.

2 Likes

Pubic Periodical?

Merkin Manual?

DJ Jazzy Pubic Hair and The Fresh Zine?

IMG_2809

13 Likes

@BicyclePears this, a literal and direct copy

2 Likes

Don Luminati: for the discerning transportation enthusiast

i would like to contribute but only with a pseudenym. Like Rogi. there will not be spellchecking.

1 Like

i need a team of industry giants hiding behind monikers, ready to give terrible advice and say outlandish shit.

4 Likes

PVD already has a blog

4 Likes