the return of the bad handlebar thread

It’s interesting to read the comments, I know someone shared some pix earlier. The people I know using them for Bikepacking are pretty extreme users but I’ve not heard of them having any issues. Possibly not the kind of thing they’d share if they were getting bro deals tho. All of them used them on the Tour Te Waipounamu which is a pretty gnarly test.

I still want a calfee bamboo bike with normal road geometry

1 Like

you haven’t seen a bike mess till panda’s come for your calfee.

10 Likes

The force of dropping your commuter off the curb seems similar to the applied force of hitting a pothole/ bump that you missed in traffic. I know I’m always way more jarred by the odd pothole than a curb drop - I’d hate my bars to break when I was on the road matching traffic

1 Like

Can people not just get some nittos and stop trying to be so clever?

Let’s see, i can use the cheap smart strong one, or the really expensive stupid one that smashes your face. HMMMMM. HMMMMMMMMMMMM

8 Likes

It’s frankly pretty absurd that this company touts the sustainability of their fragile bar that goes on your carbon bike covered in proprietary parts. I’d bet a fair bit that straight-gauge steel bars have a lower GHG footprint compared to this boutique product.

1 Like

Eh for ad copy I think it is appropriate—easier to parse for the lay reader

1 Like

3 Likes

All of those riser drop bars look goofy as fuck

3 Likes

wait do the levers still clamp at the same height as the stem clamp?

2 Likes

it looks like an ergo adaptation to keep palms rotated slightly when riding the flats

2 Likes

:

::

:

27 Likes

I think the Surly Truck Stop Bar looks kinda OK but it is still questionable whether it’s better than a boner stem or more spacers

1 Like

if you realize you need to go higher because you’ve denounced #slamthatstem lyfe i guess they make sense. looks like a risered cowbell. i think i approve though it does look goofy

1 Like

I always wanted a pair of Scott Drop-ins and mount them upside down as riser drops with a slammed stem.

5 Likes

most traditional round bend bars are friendly to being mounted upside-down

2 Likes

5 Likes

11 Likes

Unintentional Riv

1 Like

What? No. Wait… No? What? IDK Ok sure

15 Likes