the return of the bad handlebar thread

I ain’t mad. I like French fit as much as the next person, but the sloping TT works fine on that bike.

3 Likes

Seriously I like a French fit and I now think I need one

2 Likes

now, THAT’s a garage door!

11 Likes

4 Likes

Lots more to see here: Bikes to Buy — BIkes By Design

I probably posted this before but I spent a bunch of time staring at it today

4 Likes

What is that bike ashamed of?

7 Likes

Italian bend bars set up for flat ramps is a classic mid school bad handlebar configuration. You don’t see it so much because that bend is harder to find these days.

7 Likes

wait… this is me isn’t it

9 Likes

yes but you can fix it. be the change tarck wants to see in the world. we believe in you (and improved ergonomics)

4 Likes

Is this the saggy ballsack saddlebag thread?

4 Likes

Goddamn. Digging through old pictures…I think this may be from my first ever century.

Wtf is strapped to my down tube?

7 Likes

Dead tube?

Spokes?

It me…
Looks so dumb, but as last I can brake on the drops. 80 mm shallow.

7 Likes

5 Likes

after many months eyeing them on sale I finally dropped $30 on these 26.0 clamp carbon easton EC90 drop bars. I suspect they are from the first Bush II term and will, like the crimes of the Bush Era, eventually lead to my demise. I still need to sort out how I want them mounted with these similar-era Campy 10 levers, neither of which seem designed for riding on the hoods. Or using with a one-bolt quill stem. Or not having a good torque wrench for hitting no more than 5 Nm.

5 Likes

you’re in the right thread at least

14 Likes

Paging Dr Cat, we have a patient presenting with symptoms of flat ramp disease

7 Likes

just as important- what are you wearing in your feet legs there?

1 Like

to be fair, I can’t imagine a shake sitting anywhere other than that small chamfered section so it may have been intended to flat ramp with campy hoods