The Tarck as Fuck Bikes Thread

Woah

O shit

Are those paw prints?

https://preview.tinyurl.com/y6wwd3nq

[quote=euclid]Absolutely so in a canoe. It’s just more work.

Last time I canoed with sup, she took a nap in the bottom while I paddled.[/quote]

LB and I used to be huge canoepeople when we lived on the east coast. We used to do all kinds of canoe camping trips, and 90% of the time the canoe would flip over. We learned real quick to tie every bit of our crap into the boat.

In fact, this picture is from Saranac Lake. It’s the only camping trip I can remember us doing where we actually didn’t flip the boat. Thank dog we didn’t flip that time because it would have been the most catastrophic time to flip.

Maybe I’d did canoeing wrong, but we only flipped when we tried.

For us it was usually a lack of communication when going into turns or rapids, paddling against each other, combined with the weight of all the camping gear.

yeah that’s impressive…i’ve never flipped without trying either.

I have never flipped a canoe.

I’ve never been in a canoe.

I went on a bunch of canoe camping trips back when I was a boy scout and we always packed our stuff in one or two huge dry bags and tied those to the boat. Last time I went canoeing though, was with my research group on creek with a few areas of class I rapids – and people were flipping over constantly (including my advisor, who forgot to tie anything to the boat).

My high school had a pool and a lunatic gym class teacher. The canoe unit was all about flipping them. The snorkeling unit was frogman shit. That guy was intense.

Flipping a canoe full of camping gear either not tied or dry bagged or both sounds a lot like how this dude kayaking from Oz to NZ.

That is to say, kinda dumb.

That sounds like a gym class I would’ve enjoyed going to

I have definitely flipped a fully loaded camping canoe. It is not fun. What is fun is watching your friends flip their fully loaded camping canoe as you stand on shore having just arrived at the site. I miss canoe camping.

Is that yours?

I’m in a Slack group with the owner of that bike. I take exception to the untrimmed fender stays but agree with it as a whole

I can find no fault with that bicycle.

Yeah it’s good as hell. What’s our policy on inviting people?