Having a hard time coming up with a price I could get for this updated 1985 Trek 720.
Think I could get $700-$1,000 range?
Full photo album here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/andy_squirrel/albums/72157709850489227
About the Frame:
- 1985 Trek 720 complete (Trek’s flagship touring frame for the year)
- Investment cast lugs with embossed TREK logos.
- Burgundy paint with sparkle flecks (original paint/decals so lots of beausage)
- Reynolds 531C double butted main tubes, fork legs and stays.
- Plenty of braze-ons for front/rear racks, fenders & 3x water bottle cages
- 56cm / 22.5" size, great for cyclists around 5’9"+ tall
- Cantilever brake posts originally positioned for the mostly obsolete 27" wheel size but bike has been updated with modern 700c wheels. Included cantilever brake calipers specifically chosen with vertical adjust-ability to compensate for the difference in new wheel diameter and narrow post spacing.
Standout Build Features:
- Tires setup TUBELESS with sealant on a lightweight modern wheelset
- Integrated dynamo lighting system with bright front and rear LED lamps and low drag generator hub.
- Custom lightning bolt mudflap attached to full fenders to keep road spray off your shoes and drivetrain for those wet days.
- Wide range subcompact double 46/30 tooth crankset to easily tackle Seattle’s hills.
- Best rear Tubus rack that money can buy paired with waterproof Ortlieb racktop bag that has quick-release mounting system.
- Wide platform pedals with lots of grippy pins.
- Anti-theft wheel skewers that only open when bike if flipped over.
- Fully detailed cleaning and lubing!
- Nitto Noodle Handlebar 44cm
- Nitto Dynamic 1" Threaded Quill Stem 90mm
- Fizik thin handlebar tape (black)
- Cane Creek SCR-5c Compact Aero Brake Levers with integrated quick-release button.
- Shimano Ultegra 8-speed Bar-End Shifters (note 9-speed cassette, shifters are switched to friction mode)
- Chris King 1" black threaded headset upgraded with front brake hanger nut.
- Shimano XT BR-M732 Cantilever Brakes
- Brand new Kool Stop Salmon Brake Pad Inserts in Kool Stop Cyclocross Cantilever holder for ease of pad cartridge replacement.
- Red Jagwire brake (brand new) and shifter (new-ish) housing.
- Surly Stainless Rear Brake Hanger
- Velo Orange Grand Cru Long Setback Seatpost (old style upgraded with MKII hardware and clamp).
- Fabric Scoop Radius Elite Bike Saddle Black/Red (brand new)
- Velo Orange Durable Stainless Steel Full Coverage Fenders (45mm width)
- Velo Orange New Rando MKII 50.4 Crankset 170mm 46/30t
- Shimano UN55 Cartridge Bottom Bracket JIS Taper
- VP Vice Red Aluminum Platform Pedals
- Shimano FD-CX70 Front Derailleur
- Shimano RD-M590 Deore Rear Derailleur SGS M591 Long Cage 9-Speed
- SRAM Cassette 9-Speed 11-34 tooth
- Shimano CN-HG93 XT/Ultegra 9-Speed Chain
- Zefal Lock n’ Roll Locking Anti-Theft Skewer Set
- Shutter Precision SV-8 6Volt / 2.4Watt Dynamo Front Hub 32hole
- DT Swiss DT-350 Rear Hub 130mm 32hole
- WTB ChrisCross i19s Tubeless Compatible Rims 32hole
- Schwalbe S-One Tubeless Tire 700c x 30mm TL-Easy V-Guard (measure 31.5mm on rim)
- Orange Seal Endurance Tubeless Sealant
- Stan’s Tubeless Rim Tape
- Industry Nine Torch Tubeless Valve Stems (anodized green color)
- Tubus Cosmo Stainless Steel Rear Rack with integrated (and protected!) euro rear light mount.
- Ortlieb Trunk Bag RC with quick-release mounting system, matching burgundy & red.
- Busch & Müller Lumotec IQ PREMIUM Cyo Dynamo Front Headlight (Premium has new updated beam pattern which is brighter than the original Cyo)
- Busch & Müller Toplight Line Brake Plus Rear Taillight (Integrated braking feature that activates when you slow down!)
- Tall Front Lamp Bracket that prevents wheel shadow and attaches to fender & crown.
- 2x Black Water Bottle Cages (frame has mounting holes ready for a 3rd cage)
Frame geometry from original catalog:
Frame Size = 22.5" (~ 57.15 cm)
Seat Tube = 561 mm
Top Tube Length = 560 mm
Seat Tube Angle = 73 deg
Head Tube Angle = 72.5 deg
Chain Stay Length = 470 mm
Fork Offset = 52 mm
Drop = 72 mm
Wheelbase = 1062 mm
Trail = 55 mm (with 31.5 mm tires)