The "What's it Worth" Thread Redux

I’ll do $150 and you pay shipping to aus

The offspring has grown out of her 48 cm frame and is now onto a 54 cm.

What do I do with this creature? The frame was repaired by Ruckus Composites, but I think it was just a dropout repair. It has a warranty, so I’m not sure how that would affect resale. It’s got Shimano 4700; if someone wanted drop bars it would be a straight conversion.

Katie wanted to say, “Hi!”

4 Likes

I’m bad at selling things. How much should I list my poprad frame and fork for? Paint is beat to hell but no functional problems. Whiskey fork is pretty new. I’ll clean it but it might look even worse under the dirt.

2 Likes

You should sell it on paceline whatever you do

3 Likes

if only I was a little taller I’d be in the car to come and pick it up!

1 Like

I’ve actually never been on Paceline before but if that’s the place to get real money for this frame I’ll give it a try.

I’ve got a Voodoo I’ve gotta sell also that would probably fit you! Priced to move!

You’re gonna have a bad time

I think u need 100 comments to post a for sale

Might be worth it if you sit on the frame for a couple months while you build up comments

Paceline are these folks with money, generally, who want the best newest or good old stuff for rock bottom prices. You’re gonna get lowballed a few times for sure. But the poprad in medium condition will appeal to the guy who still only has rim brake bikes and wants to try disc brakes. You’re probably 2-3 years late though.

Here’s what they’re gonna grumble about:
Non original fork (disclose this in a story) and mismatch QR/TA.
130 rear spacing (I would not mention this until someone says something) - those were 130 right? Cold set 135 is whatever but they’re picky.

What kind of number were you looking for? Knee jerk I’d say $800

2 Likes

agreed on everything you mentioned but

$800? Not a chance. Maybe half that.

1 Like

i’ll give you my login info if you really want

1 Like

I would love it to be worth $800, but also feel like that’s high. I feel like $350 or $400 is probably right but asking yall so I don’t wind up lowballing myself.

Paceline sounds like too much hassle. Don’t wanna build up posts or do anything goofy to get $50 more out of a sale.

Regarding the fork - I actually have the original fork also. Replaced it because I was scared of a 15 year-old glued fork. I could sell it with that and either hoard or sell the Whisky fork separately. Shit, I could actually sell the original wheelset with it if I included the original fork.

Edit: Oh yea - the 130 spacing. It was 130 spaced but I crammed 135 in there pretty much the whole time I’ve had it and never had a problem. I’ll probably just not say anything about that.

2 Likes

This is a fair response

Maybe you’re right

Here’s one from 2018

tumblr_m4scn5zLm91qztjn5o1_r1_500

6 Likes

what whisky is that? it’s TA but straight steerer?

1 Like

Pretty sure it’s this one.
Flat mount, straight steerer, 12mm.

wild, I thought they only did tapered for the TA disc forks anymore

I’d absolutely sell the frame with original fork, then the whiskey separate. That’d get you most $ for barely any more hassle.

3 Likes

I could be into the fork for NM fork options

1 Like

It’s a $500 fork and you’re thinking of selling it + frame for $350-400? And you have the original fork? Dude, no.

6 Likes