The "What's it Worth" Thread Redux

bikes have gotten insanely expensive lately. We often forget that the retail market and tarck are completely disconnected. Personally I haven’t looked at buying myself a road bike from a store since like… college probably. I got online to help a friend find a bike and was like oh shit. Best of luck. At the beginning of covid I was able to find some nice 105 equipped bikes for $700 but now they are 1200+ for 105 with a nice aluminum frame. So I would say a carbon anything in good condition would fetch more than $400 if you wait a little bit.

2 Likes

Shifter cables coming out the sides look real dated tho. Fred central.

1 Like

~6 mos ago I bought a similarly equipped synapse for 600 I think. Was the best deal I found.

2 Likes

Liv Pique 2 - 2019 Med

Upgrades:

Bikeyoke Devine dropper set at 150mm
XT 11 speed shifter
SLX 11 speed RD
11-46 Sunrace Cassette
Race Face Aeffect cranks w/ 28 1X ring
SQLab 12d bars

Pro’s Closet had a stock one for $1400, think I could get $1750?

1 Like

‘14 or 15 trek silque slx ultegra, carbon bars, meh wheels

sup is getting one of those gen e rei bikes and has opted to try to retroactively fund it with the sale of her old road bike

1 Like

$1200-1550? That’s a balluer bike but many folks are after bigger tires and dick brakes I think, but the market really is all over the place. I put a set of rim brake wheels up and got my full asking price just from waiting/being lazy.

I sold a carbon rim brake frameset on eBay recently for $700.

There are a few Silques listed on eBay for $2200. I bet you could list it with a starting price of $1200 and see where it went from there. It’s getting more into crawz season, so there might be less interest.

1 Like

Id much rather have a 20” e cargo bike than a boring carbon road bicycle. Jane Doe sound like a smart lady to me.

1 Like

she used to do a modicum of racing and a lot of road riding. she prefers her franken-cx bike that is a size too small but has a steerer extender cuz she’s a t rex and her legs are v v long for a 5’9” person

Talk me out of this for 1500EUR

1 Like

no

2 Likes

Paul front hub and Hope rear so assume he’s a good dude

that’s gonna be a no from me dawg

It’s time to sell our blackborrow. Pricing on pink bike for stock ones is more than we paid. Ours has dynamo hub front and rear lights, and custom fenders. (Split and widened because no one makes fenders that size). Custom double leg kick stand from Haulin Colin. Also has a bike Friday whoopee doo rail that I made some adapters for. It definitely wasn’t meant to be a kid hauler but my wife fucking loved(s) it but it just doesn’t work with 2 kids. I have no idea how to price this thing.

So there’s also the stock front wheel and tires to go with it.
Definitely need to take a picture without the usual bags on it

2 Likes

That thing rules. If I were local to you…

I love it but I love ebikes more.

Yeah I realize this isn’t really the market. Mostly wondering to sell it it more as adventure bike or kid bike. I definitely need to take some more pictures though.

1 Like

2016 Raleigh Tokul 4
Manitou Minute Expert 120mm - abs+ damper
Ritchey Zeta Trail wheels 27.5, 15x100f 12x142r (hard to find)
Guide Ultimate Rear
Guide RSC front
New SRAM pads and rotors
XT 8000 Rear Derailleur
XT 11-46 Cassette
SLX cranks
Has a dropper lever routed for internal, but selling with the rigid post

67.5hta
74sta

Perfectly good trail bike, with a dropper it’s honestly a pretty quick little ripper and it’s surprisingly light. I payed like 400 bucks for the wheels alone and almost everything has been upgraded from the original equipment. I was thinking like $700? Does that seem reasonable? I feel like anywhere else this could be a perfect NICA bike, but a lot of the NICA kids in Santa Cruz are on a different level.

MASH-Cinelli SSCX Pentachrome frame, 54cm
I can’t find the geo on this weird relic but it fits my 54cm body pretty well.
It handles pretty well but is stiff as hell on actual dirt.
In addition to the clinchers pictured I have a set of tube wheels with baby Limus tires, barely used.

I like riding around on it but it’s kind of a novelty item and I have plenty of those.
WIW?

1 Like