There's another bike parked at my work today.

Looks like tarckbear has shown somebody else the light.

The amount of people at work asking me about bike commuting is directly proportional to gas prices. ~4 per day currently.

One of my colleagues is considering giving up driving and using a bike to get to and from the train.

In other news, I rode my road bike through NYC yesterday…didn’t see a single fixed gear poser. WTF? Was it “leave your fixie at home” day or something?

A friend that owns a shop tells me that business is good for entry level bicycles this year. I think a lot of us are having this experience.

Its funny how less people are yelling “get out of the road” and I’m getting more thumbs up as I ride to/from work…

I always get the comments that suggest I am some sort of anti-war and/or environment activist. My response is always the same.

“Nope just love bikes”

Sadly not here. A women the other day said she lives 2.5 miles from work but looked disgusted at the notion of biking to work.

Ha. I am actually getting super bored with living so close to school. I want to have like a 15-20mi commute so I can get a good 30+ ride in everyday.

Seriously! I’m about 2 miles from work and it takes 10 minutes on a bad day with all the lights, etc. I want some rolling hills or long flats or something! But then again, It only takes 10 minutes on a bad day to get to work and that’s pretty cool. :bear:

[quote=“kyle!”]

Seriously! I’m about 2 miles from work and it takes 10 minutes on a bad day with all the lights, etc. I want some rolling hills or long flats or something! But then again, It only takes 10 minutes on a bad day to get to work and that’s pretty cool. :bear:[/quote]

Yeah, that is pretty cool when it’s icy, thundery, etc. You know, you could take an extended route to/from work and explore things a bit. I do this quite regularly.

Icy? Thundery? Words do not compute. San Diego knows no such thing.

(OK, well a little thunder here and there)

ps, actually, its rained randomly a couple weeks ago and I got super soaked. It was lame, but luckily I was training at work so I got to sit around and dry off for a bit. Boy, did I want fenders there for a sec.

Is she morbidly obese?

[quote=“kyle!”]Icy? Thundery? Words do not compute. San Diego knows no such thing.

(OK, well a little thunder here and there)

ps, actually, its rained randomly a couple weeks ago and I got super soaked. It was lame, but luckily I was training at work so I got to sit around and dry off for a bit. Boy, did I want fenders there for a sec.[/quote]

I wish I could live in san diego, one of my favorite cities of all time…
some day…

All this means is you’re going to have to battle to the death for dominion over the office.

All this means is you’re going to have to battle to the death for dominion over the office.[/quote]

Box knives are close at hand. No katanas though.

It might be the new warehouse guy though. He smells like Skoal.

Is she morbidly obese?[/quote]

No just a lazy typical person out here.

Definitely still having trash thrown at me or yelled at on a consistent basis. I am though seeing more and more people on bicycles which is awesome.

Definitely still having trash thrown at me or yelled at on a consistent basis. I am though seeing more and more people on bicycles which is awesome.[/quote]

me too, i just saw a trio riding home from the train today. it was kinda cool to say the least. i am definitely not seeing thumbs up yet though, nyc isn’t very biker friendly yet, or ever will be in my opinion

I work in a shop and we’re selling tons of commuter bikes and more accessories than we can keep in stock. Our yearly order of 500 pairs of Banjo Brother commuting panniers is nearly sold completely through - I think we have less than ten left, and then they’re gone until 2009. So today we ordered fifty pairs of Trek panniers, forty racks, lots of locks and saddlebags, etc.

ALLAH AU TARCKBAR