This is pretty fucked up.

So a buddy of mine back in Kansas City got hit by a car and then the people who stopped to help him stole his fucking bike. Ridiculous.

http://www.kmbc.com/r-video/25121514/detail.html

He’s already PT’ing his left knee, but I guess his right is gonna be out for awhile. Bullshit.

What a bunch of fucking assholes.

their balls.
cut them off.

What!? Why? Assholes!

Wow that is low. Talk about kicking someone while they’re down. Did the driver stop at least, or was it a hit and run?

I wish a speedy recovery for your friend and a life of pain for the thieves.

Look, I know it sucks that the guy got hit, and then his bike also got stolen, but if we stop to consider that the thieves are people too, and probably people who are basically good, because after all they stopped to help the guy, and then probably just got caught up in the reality of their lives as possibly poor, possibly destitute folks who are, after all, human beings and maybe couldn’t resist the temptation of this $1200 bike because maybe stealing it would provide their kids with the opportunities that they never had, then let’s just stop for a second and think about the children.

Nah I’m just joshing. Fuck these guys. Sorry about your friend.

that fucking sucks. the last time i was being put in an ambo i was like HEY HEY HEY

lemme just grab my wrench so i can pull off a wheel and my bike can come with

real sorry about your friend :frowning:

Fire department fucked up. When I had a bad bike crash the ambulance crew took it back to the station and held it until I got well enough to come get it two months later.

That’s what they did with me, too. They had it waiting for me when I got out of the hospital, which was awesome because I was so brain fucked that I hadn’t even thought about the bike until then.

And RE: whether this is a hit and run or not…

I left him a message when I heard the rough details and have yet to get a response from him. All I really know is what I’ve seen in the video and a comment from another friend that was along the lines of “Hey man, Mike got hit and then his bike got stolen.”

He’s a pretty positive guy, so he definitely has that going for him. I can’t imagine getting hit by a car on my birthday, ending up in a fucking wheelchair, having my bike stolen, and still being as upbeat as he is.

This happened to a guy I know personally here, too. Got hit riding his Xtracycle one night, his shoulder got jacked and he needed surgery. Someone stole his Xtracycle, and months later (after we’d done a benefit for him so he could get a new bike, since his X was his only transportation) his old X was recovered from the back of some shitty apartment complex. Anyways, sucks for your friend, I hope he makes a full recovery. Whatever his bike cost, his medical bills will be many times more costly. Maybe check if the local bike community can do something to help him out?

Waiting to hear anything about this.

Same thing happened to one of Les’ buddies. Got hit, knocked out on the side of the road, bike stolen at some point. Sucks.

I didn’t read the article/link posted… but lets not overlook the possibility that someone just “ended up with his bike” and took it so that it wouldn’t get left there and is perhaps planning on taking it to the police station or something to have it returned?

I mean… if these people stopped, I feel like they aren’t fucking vultures, maybe they just thought the best thing was to get the bike out of the way to let the crews do their work and then by the time they remembered they had his bike everything was cleared up?

Otherwise fuck people. I don’t even want to ride my fucking bike anymore after my car ramming shit. (not to belittle this far more serious thing)

Also I hope he’s ok and shit gets sorted out.

reminds me of the cop who took my ex gf’s bike when she got hit. he was nearly deaf and out roomates couldnt understand wtf he was saying when he dropped the bike off at the house

but i dont know why it reminds me of that

i got the best luck with cops
first they buy me sandwich
then they take my bike home
then they try to help me move furniture.

also there was that one cop who was listening to DK
wtf was that all about?

[quote=EivlEvo]I didn’t read the article/link posted… but lets not overlook the possibility that someone just “ended up with his bike” and took it so that it wouldn’t get left there and is perhaps planning on taking it to the police station or something to have it returned?

I mean… if these people stopped, I feel like they aren’t fucking vultures, maybe they just thought the best thing was to get the bike out of the way to let the crews do their work and then by the time they remembered they had his bike everything was cleared up?

Otherwise fuck people. I don’t even want to ride my fucking bike anymore after my car ramming shit. (not to belittle this far more serious thing)

Also I hope he’s ok and shit gets sorted out.[/quote]

Definitely not the case. You see the guys take it through the eyes of a cruiser cam, so I’m sure that they could have given it to the police if they had wanted to.

same thing happened to my friend. he got hit from behind by a cab. took an ambulance to the hospital, and no one bothered to grab his bike.

makes me want a Soma Rush…srsly.

that is some low-ass shit right there