Tire Chat

Damn, if I didn’t just buy 4 Vittoria Graphene tires I’d be all over those.

lolololol

I’m going to give Crabbi dibs if he’s actually going to use them.

I’m giving these away for postage…which come to think of it is silly because I could sell them on Dentistopede Salon for like $1,000,000 because they have the green sidewalls. Then that Australian guy could glue them to his Lightweight Uberschiesthoffers and then sell the whole thing at a 90% loss 3 weeks later and reinvest it in a new stem from Baum.

Um try again sweety I think you mean “Chief Technical Editor for CycleExifdotcom”

They don’t just give that title out to anyone

No, you need to buy the domain name and pay for hosting to get that title!

25 mm. Are you going to race on them?[/quote]
yup. how much do you want?

yup. how much do you want?[/quote]

Um…this is a free gift + postage. PM me your address and I let you know how much postage will be.

i need to start riding the davidson again so i can wear out the vittoria tires on there and then glue on the ferg FMB and post a photo

Um…this is a free gift + postage. PM me your address and I let you know how much postage will be.[/quote]oh shit. PM’d.

i totally would’ve skidded on them at least once

Um…this is a free gift + postage. PM me your address and I let you know how much postage will be.[/quote]oh shit. PM’d.[/quote]

Only if you guarantee a win on them.

Fuck skidding on a pair of FMB’s.

That’s like the idiot sw8 fixie bro here in Sweden that bought at set of Campa Pista tubulars with Sonderklasse II’s onto the street at track racing pressure… Double puncture within the first pedal strokes.

SQ: I’ve got a 700C wheel with the Alex Adventure 2 rim. I’d like to mount a Schwalbe Marathon Supreme to it tubeless. What’s the approved way of doing this?

just got a bit of the finish line sealant. going to try it out in inner tubes for science purposes. will report back.

1. Is your rim taped? If not use the proper width stans tape or whatever the 3m shit is. Do 1-4 layers and pull that shit as tight as you can.
  2. Get valve cores. Again Stan’s work great even though I’m sure there are cheaper alternatives. My rule of thumb is to tighten them as far as you can with your fingers, then add another half turn or so with pliers.
  3. Put on the tire, but do it opposite of how you normally do: start opposite of the valve and do the last bit over the valve.
  4. Hit it with an air compressor. If you’ve done everything right up until this point the tire should seat up and you’ll hear the satisfying/horrifying pop. If there’s an obvious hiss locate it and fix it. Spoke holes means a re-tape. If it comes from the valve you can tighten it down a little more.
  5. Remove the valve core and add in 2-4oz of Orange Seal. Air up the tires to ~10psi higher than you plan to run them. Either ride or wait until tomorrow. If they still have about the same pressure you are in the club!

You can skip step 4 and just use more sealant to fix hisses, but that is a shitty idea and probably won’t work out long-term.

[quote=jimmythefly][quote=TimArchyLime]How horrible are these for 26" monster cross slick commuters for my forthcoming basket bike?
Conti sport contact 26x1.6
https://www.amazon.com/Continental-Sport-Contact-Tire-Wire/dp/B01LW69KS7[/quote]

ATMO:
https://www.modernbike.com/tioga-powerblock-26-x-2.1-folding-tire[/quote]
I’ve not seen these before. 26x1.75, look sturdy.
https://www.bike24.com/p22788.html

Oh yeah, that’s a bike shop classic. Sturdy, turdy tire for customers’ 1992 Rockhoppers.

I think I stubled across those recently and promptly forgot about them. Thanks for the reminder.

1. Is your rim taped? If not use the proper width stans tape or whatever the 3m shit is. Do 1-4 layers and pull that shit as tight as you can.
    [/quote]

Thanks, this is the main thing I was looking for. Stan’s tape just to keep it simple shartmo

1-4 is a bit of a joke based on tarck experience. Braden likes using 1 layer and Rusty uses 4 I think. I like floating somewhere from 1.5-2.25 layers. It’s all stupid voodoo but it works for me. shrug.mp4