Tire Chat

have you used them?

Ive been on a pair of cypres for 6 months. city streets mostly with glass all over the place. zero flats. 155lbs, about 55psi, and check for glass embedded in tire when I lube up the chain once a week.

the tires fucking rule. I wouldnt hesitate to run cerfs.

have you used them?

Ive been on a pair of cypres for 6 months. city streets mostly with glass all over the place. zero flats. 155lbs, about 55psi, and check for glass embedded in tire when I lube up the chain once a week.

the tires fucking rule. I wouldnt hesitate to run cerfs.[/quote]

I had the same experience, and then had two flats and a sidewall tear in the last 1200km.

They ride great though, so I think it’s worth it, just swap out the rear when it’s getting thin.

[quote=blumpkin]have you used them?
the tires fucking rule. I wouldnt hesitate to run cerfs.[/quote]

Yep, I’ve been commuting and doing a bunch of other miles on 26mm cerfs for 2-3 years now (2x pr, just retired the second today). Australian city streets where there’s no bottle deposit system, so more broken glass. In that time I’ve had perhaps 7-8 flats, one was a 2" nail, one was a pinch on tram tracks, the rest small bits of glass. Couldn’t really be happier with them.

Have some parigi-roubaix to replace them, but will likely go straight back to cerfs afterwards.

rode 28c gatorskins @ D2R2 This year and they held up awesome! had put some commuting miles on them before hand and never had a problem. heavy and pita to mount though… thats not really a big deal i guess.

25mm pro4 standard on TB-14.

Measures just over 27mm. Mounted today. Will hopefully stretch a bit.

thats awesome.

parigi roubaix. love them so far.

3 weeks in, great tyres.

25mm Michelin Pro3s on my wide rims are 27mm. Great setup.

Schwalbe tires @ www.hawleyusa.com Have your shop setup an account. Great people.

Has anyone ridden those clement 28s?

Got some in… they measured 25.5 so I sent them back. The ones mounted on Hed C2 rims at QBP saddle drive seemd wider though. Maybe a later batch was wider… maybe I’m crazy.

maybe I’m crazy?

They’re nice, but they wear really fast, and when they get worn they become amazing flat magnets.

Thanks. I think I’ll pass on those.

all I wanted was the perfect 28mm wide tire, just one truly good 28mm wide tire and they wouldn’t give it to me

i think i’m gonna try one of those resist 28s

They aren’t true to width (on Open Sport rims they measure 29.5mm at 100psi) but if your bike can fit them they are definitely worth it. On my bicycle, and after ~900 miles of riding, they show some wear, but not excessively so (the meshy pattern on the blocks is worn mostly smooth along the road surface, but the blocks themselves are not worn. Maybe they’ll be good for 2500-3000 miles?)

all I wanted was the perfect 28mm wide tire, just one truly good 28mm wide tire and they wouldn’t give it to me[/quote]

i think the perfect 28mm tyre is the 27mm fmb paris roubaix
the 25mm ones i had were awesome
but so expensive

I want something with a longer wearing compound and vectran or similar light breaker.