'tis better to have ridden and lost than never ridden at all

Bikes you wish you had kept but for whatever reason no longer have.

I’ll start with my Hooligan. It was 50/50 whether I’d come back with all of my skin when I rode this thing, but it was a hoot and I should have kept it locked up somewhere instead of letting someone else have all the fun:

14 Likes

7 Likes

This bike was dumb as hell but I really liked it. I had it the longest of any bike, and always as a risered road bike with a little 8s corncob cassette and ISIS 105 cranks someone posted here that were $19 on ebay brand new in box. It was even tolerable with the Cetma 5-Rail my then gf/now wife gave me for xmas. I sold it at some point like an idiot when I should have just kept it, and I don’t even remember why.

I still keep an eye out for 56cm Olympic 12s so I can have another.

6 Likes

I regret that the pics of the bikes I regret letting go are hosted on Photobucket.

I also regret selling both Georgio tri spokes.

2 Likes

Though I traded one Georgio on here for a Stowe road frame I still have and should build up as a sweet fixie conversion.

I still have that Giorgio I think. Did you sell it to zombie Carl because I cot it from him.

1 Like

Knowing what I know now about fit, and modern parts availability, I could have built this up as an awesome race bike or dropbar adventure rig.

8 Likes

Sold one to Carl and traded the other one for the Stowe but I can’t remember with who. Maybe Ray?

I’ll just put this here. That’s Dutret on my wheel lol.

9 Likes

This glued carbon allez with tricolor 600 that I inherited was my first and possibly nicest “nice” road bike and it turned out to be the gateway. It was dangerously noodly (even though I was about 130lbs), but it felt fast and I loved it. Did my first century on it and ended up giving it away.

9 Likes

I regret selling this stupid stupid thing, but it was so much fun to ride.

10 Likes

Purple bars at DLV god bless.

I was into bikes too late to get in the first Fixvxie wave and too early to be a gravel influencer. I started at just the right time to remember disc bikes with 15x100 & QRx135 spacing.

5 Likes

I had this unicorn for about two weeks. It didn’t feel right on the track and I was never down with no brakes street riding, sold it to Uncle Ian and used the loot to buy a Felt TK2.

8 Likes

Some dude was racing on an old Cannondale last season & the season before. He said it felt like garbage at DLV. :joy:

Even the local super fast dudes run <100psi in their tubs because its so bumpy.

I wanted to make a tradition of hanging damaged saddles and seatposts from a tree at turn 4. One night I felt a popping sensation coming down from there and was too spooked to continue. Turns out it was the structural underside of my saddle snapping. Could have been a lot worse!

6 Likes

No pictures, but I traded my dad’s original motobacon for a raspi and monitor before I was cycling. It probably would have been too big for me, but who knows…

2 Likes

The Monkey, the Bianchi, the DBR is coming back next week after a 6 year absence at least. Not sure what I will do with it, but it has way better geo than my Ocoee.

11 Likes

The KaraTTe Monkey is so en vogue right now. Throw some Ikons on and go get a FKT.

1 Like

I heard that Ikons are slow and Race kings were the biz.

Wish I still had my black mountain. Dumb sell.

11 Likes