Tonic Fab Supernauts and bickering...

Thought you guys might like this:

From Landon:
[color=#408000]
Yeah, we are building Supernauts right now.

I’ve attached a photo of one with a painted fork.

We are selling the SN as a frame / fork and headset package.

The headset is our own design. It uses integrated bearings, and works well. It’s lighter than a regular integrated set-up, and takes up space to keep a clean look.

As for pricing, a SN frame / fork / headset is $1150 with an un-painted Alpha Q fork. Painted is an extra $150.

I’ve attached a photo of a Supernaut.

If you can ride a 57, we’ve got one ready to go with a our coated “raw” finish.

Cheers,

-L[/color]

Those sliding fork ends?

Pricey.

Yeah. I don’t like this idea.

The proprietary headset changed my mind about these. A few Grams won’t mean a hill of beans if I can’t fix my shit in a few years. For that price, I’ll go with a Geekhouse.

Teh rear Track Ends are tiny, but they just got in some longer ones for more adjustment.

I do like the look of these bikes, but the headset is a deal-breaker.

This just in, BMW owner wants a Geekhouse.

At least the whole economy won’t collapse when the bottom falls out of the single speed market.

The supernaught has been in the works well before the bmw/geekhouse guys were doing it. It took Landon about 2 years to get it polished.

I prefer tig bikes built in small batches vs Soma/Surly/IRO/Bianchi/Olmo/etc steel. They might be pretty, but they bore the shit out of me personally. But if a dude is happy riding a big batch, good for them. I couldn’t give a shit.

Admittedly the only things these small-batch bikes are better at are their durability and their ability to bring out the shit talkers. At the end of the day, if you are fast, it doesn’t matter what you ride, but if you have nothing else, talking shit will work. Right?

[quote=“Kabuki”]The proprietary headset changed my mind about these. A few Grams won’t mean a hill of beans if I can’t fix my shit in a few years. For that price, I’ll go with a Geekhouse.

Teh rear Track Ends are tiny, but they just got in some longer ones for more adjustment.

I do like the look of these bikes, but the headset is a deal-breaker.[/quote]

Those are track ends? Jesus.

Who is this frame for? Short track ends make it silly for the track, and proprietary headset and (non-barspinnable) carbon fork take points off for trix use.

Let me guess. It’s not drilled for brakes.

[quote=“tarckeemoon”][quote=“Kabuki”]The proprietary headset changed my mind about these. A few Grams won’t mean a hill of beans if I can’t fix my shit in a few years. For that price, I’ll go with a Geekhouse.

I do like the look of these bikes, but the headset is a deal-breaker.[/quote]

Those are track ends? Jesus.

Who is this frame for? Short track ends make it silly for the track, and proprietary headset and (non-barspinnable) carbon fork take points off for trix use.

Let me guess. It’s not drilled for brakes.[/quote]

Those are track ends. Set up for 1 half link adjustment… they figured out folks need a bit more than that. No brakes either. But you could pair it with any fork you want, so you could put a drilled front fork on easily.

The stays are the best part of these bikes they are like tree-trunks. SUPER stiff looking.

Too bad about the headset

I wanna see this headset

I think I’d rather buy a BMW, if I were to ever want a compact geo, or whatever the hell you call it, frame.

H PLus Son’s to CHUB’s are hot, though. Well, for the back at least.

i was thinking ebb with those dropouts. guess not. haha those suck.

[quote=“Kabuki”]
Admittedly the only things these small-batch bikes are better at are their durability and their ability to bring out the shit talkers. At the end of the day, if you are fast, it doesn’t matter what you ride, but if you have nothing else, talking shit will work. Right?[/quote]

I don’t exactly follow your logic. I’m not fast, so it should matter what I ride? How does it matter? Do I need pretty colors? Help me out here.

[quote=“halbritt”][quote=“Kabuki”]
Admittedly the only things these small-batch bikes are better at are their durability and their ability to bring out the shit talkers. At the end of the day, if you are fast, it doesn’t matter what you ride, but if you have nothing else, talking shit will work. Right?[/quote]

I don’t exactly follow your logic. I’m not fast, so it should matter what I ride? How does it matter? Do I need pretty colors? Help me out here.[/quote]

He’s saying a fast rider is still going to be a fast rider, and a slow rider is still going to be a slow rider, albeit a little fuzzy in his wording. The only place a REALLY nice frame helps is in the shit talking department, though I dont necessarily agree with that logic, especially with, you know, track racers and stuff.

[quote=“frankstoneline”][quote=“halbritt”][quote=“Kabuki”]

I don’t exactly follow your logic. I’m not fast, so it should matter what I ride? How does it matter? Do I need pretty colors? Help me out here.[/quote]

He’s saying a fast rider is still going to be a fast rider, and a slow rider is still going to be a slow rider, albeit a little fuzzy in his wording. The only place a REALLY nice frame helps is in the shit talking department, though I dont necessarily agree with that logic, especially with, you know, track racers and stuff.[/quote]

ehem… sorry. Let me clarify. Seems to me that the folks that talk the most trash have less to back it up with: Less speed, skills or good taste. and, when it comes down to it, it doesn’t matter what you ride as long as you are riding. The best riders I know push beaters.

if you’re riding a track bike & are getting passed by kids on 20" bikes, you’re most likely a poseur

if you’re riding a track bike & are getting passed by kids on 20" bikes, you’re most likely [color=#BF0000]DEAD[/color]

The old “you don’t like my bike so you must be slow” defense.

The old “you don’t like my bike so you must be slow” defense.[/quote]
I don’t think that’s even his bike, dude. He was just saying there is are people out there who can’t ride worth a damn but still talk shit because they dropped fat bills on hand-built bikes.