Totally absurd bike plans that you've thought about doing but will never do: FOREVER edition

I recall Jawn saying it planed for his ass. His Wolv mini-review was very favorable.

Another wolverine bites the dust

~6k miles on my Wolverine so far.
Fingers crossed that it lasts at least until my Endpoint gets here!

Man, that one looks like the derpouts were slammed most of the way forward too…

I just posted this in the asploded thread. Is this the thread were we discussed all the broken Wolverines?

John is notoriously hard on equipment, but according to him, this one has maybe 3,000 miles.

Yeah I saw where you posted that right after I posted it here. I couldn’t remember if this was the thread but there was recent posts about broken dropouts on wolverines here so I went with it

Still 3000 miles even if he rode it hard is a very short lifetime. Especially on an “Adventure” frame

No, but Max’s magical slow unicorn just needs to be cheap and lazy single speed ok.

What about a traitor cascadia on sale? Or just​ a chain tensioner, or gears.

That Traitor Crusade looks pretty good.

There’s the Advocate Lorax but it’s a bong for frame/fork.

Will look at the traitor.

I want to look at old Treks but i’m intimidated by not knowing which are the good ones.

Also looking at the Crockett. It won’t plane but at least then i’ll have a stiff race bike that is also light. The all-city is like 23 pounds…

And yeah, I wanted so bad to like the Nature Boy but the tubing is just so heavy… it’s like riding an anvil.

I got rid of the double cross because I thought the NB would be an “upgrade.” I had just upgraded the shit out of the Pugsley and had upgrade fever. Never again.

What size do you ride? Here’s a little list:

Low Trail Treks (models with 73-degree head angles and 5.5-inch fork
offsets in sizes 56cm and up)

1976 TX300/500/700
1977 TX200/300/500/700
1978 510/710/910
1979 510/710/910
1980 412/414/510/710/910
1981 412/610
1982 311/410/412/610/613/614
1983 400/500/520/600/620/630/640
1984 400/420

These are the ones you really want, but other older treks will be fine as well.

Nice, time to hunt. Thanks dude!

Holy shit. Tarck always provides.

as stated in the other thread when the sale popped up, i love my Traitor Ruben, although jimmy gave it a lowtrail fork, i’ve never ridden one stock.
also, i’m fat so everything planes
but its a bike to consider

You guys, he’s asking for a disk brake bike that’s has SS dropouts and clears a 45c tire, and you’re recommending an 80s Trek?
Don’t get me wrong, I like 80s Treks, but dude…

[quote=kmcdon]What size do you ride? Here’s a little list:

Low Trail Treks (models with 73-degree head angles and 5.5-inch fork
offsets in sizes 56cm and up)

1976 TX300/500/700
1977 TX200/300/500/700
1978 510/710/910
1979 510/710/910
1980 412/414/510/710/910
1981 412/610
1982 311/410/412/610/613/614
1983 400/500/520/600/620/630/640
1984 400/420

These are the ones you really want, but other older treks will be fine as well.[/quote]

To the spreadsheet!

[quote=Sneaky Viking]You guys, he’s asking for a disk brake bike that’s has SS dropouts and clears a 45c tire, and you’re recommending an 80s Trek?
Don’t get me wrong, I like 80s Treks, but dude…[/quote]

80s trek was the recommendation given “planey and singlespeed w/o tensioner”

If you once you mention 700x45 you get ENORESULTS so folks kept talking bout 80s treks

the other thing being max has singletrack out the backyard or something while SEAtarck gets to flog 50 miles of pavement to hit logging roads, so it’s like coloradan vs. minnesotan talking canoe vs. kayak

[quote=mdilthey]Negatory, I want to do a full swap of all the parts I already have. I really like all the components, just not the frame.

~45mm tire clearance
Singlespeed dropouts - I think I can convert my hubs to thru-axle (??? don’t actually know, Surly Ultra New / Hope Pro 4)
Disc brakes
Regular Old English BB

I don’t care if it’s tapered or not. Wasn’t there a framebuilder linked last month with really affordable custom bike prices? Would snap up a custom bike at under a bong, but it seems like everyone hovers around a bong and a half.

Wish Black Mountain Cycles had a disc brake frame.[/quote]
what I got from this was that he wanted something with no EBB. Not sure if Max is aware of the buttery vibes. Probably Max doesn’t really know what he wants, but he thinks he wants a dick brake singlespeed with 700x45c tires, or some shit.

[quote=Sneaky Viking][quote=mdilthey]Negatory, I want to do a full swap of all the parts I already have. I really like all the components, just not the frame.

~45mm tire clearance
Singlespeed dropouts - I think I can convert my hubs to thru-axle (??? don’t actually know, Surly Ultra New / Hope Pro 4)
Disc brakes
Regular Old English BB

I don’t care if it’s tapered or not. Wasn’t there a framebuilder linked last month with really affordable custom bike prices? Would snap up a custom bike at under a bong, but it seems like everyone hovers around a bong and a half.

Wish Black Mountain Cycles had a disc brake frame.[/quote]
what I got from this was that he wanted something with no EBB. Not sure if Max is aware of the buttery vibes. Probably Max doesn’t really know what he wants, but he thinks he wants a dick brake singlespeed with 700x45c tires, or some shit.[/quote]

:bear:

I don’t want an EBB unless it’s one of the cool ones that came on old sycips.

My local shop is Trek and I love trek, and I love that they have a 420 and a 69er, and so an old 80’s trek sounds like a fun N+1 project but i’m still looking to replace the all-city. Ironically/not ironically, Trek Crockett will probably win because it’s light light light. And because of the absolute dearth of other options. I can shopbro a small discount and it’s in tarck approved colorways.

Someone besides all-city make a party bike

God damn buy a fuggin Gunnar and slap some fucking gears on it and be faster than ever before for fucks sake.
Even better, buy a 700c disc Gunnar and put fat 650Bs on it and #yoloa AF.

Bestest option: buy a Hunter/Doxxer.