Totally absurd bike plans that you've thought about doing but will never do: FOREVER edition

what the fuck is “planey”

I love you Eric.

For ditherer:

Best way to shift 6800 2x10 while running flat bars?

Also, on the topic of flat bars,
Jones,
VO bullmoose,
or some kind of MTB bro anodized thing in 760ish sizeway
??

I’d say pick up something ano used off ebay and see if you get on with it, if not then try alt bars. Cable routing for front portage gets worse the more swoopy your bars are.

Ditherer plus bullmoose makes my pants kinda tight.

6800 is 11 speed. If you’re going 11 speed with road pushers and danglers, use the Shimano RS700 shifters. If you’re going 10 speed, I think your only option is Tiagra flatbar shifters (which actually work just fine).

plus the road flatbar shifters have trim on the FD. always loved that.

what about those Microshift things?
would it be stupid to do dt shifters?

There are no 11 speed DT shifters, but I think that an Endpoint with 2x10 DT shifting and TRP wet brakes would be rad, though there might later be a problem with frame bags. I probably would have gone that way with the Elephant, if the bike had cable stops.

The Microshift stuff is REALLY cheap feeling. Doesn’t compare to Shimano, except on price.

Buy my fucking 11sp metrea shifters, bnib. Ispec mount so you can use gods own shimano hydros

So what I’m hearing is I should do bullmoose bars (or cheap TAF anoed flatbars) with downtube shifters (2x10) and some wet brakes from shimano?
The plan ATM is to start out with just a basket and shugar loaf to commute with, and for the next bikecamping season get a low rider & porter set up.

Is there anything wrong with slapping on deore brakes? I’ve loved that series on my hardtail for quite a while.

I have 11sp ispec mount flat bar shifters for sale but in the marketplace, they are shimano

I’m taking the 6700 group off my coffee grinder to put on the ditherer. I want wet brakes though, hence the flat bar idea.

Ah, 10sp

How about barcons? You could do Thumbies or use em on the downtube if it has braze-ons.

Dick brakes and anything but shakes makes zero sense. Unless it’s single speed, which has its own issues.

lol Kay.

http://www.on-one.co.uk/c/q/bikes/gravel-adventure-bikes/space-chicken

is there anything else in the disc road/gravel/etc category that has a 30.9 or bigger seat tube?

There are the Microshift MEGA 11 speed bar-ends (just ordered a set), which can be placed on DT shifter bosses. I don’t object too much to the appearance or function of such, but some might. There are also 11 speed road bar-end shifters for tri/tt, for which the same can be said.

http://www.bikeman.com/LD0178.html