Totally absurd bike plans that you've thought about doing but will never do: FOREVER edition

Rebuild my Shawver with all the 11 speed stuff I have laying around.
All I need are spokes, jeeze!

Geared Pugsley

Fantasy me likes this idea.

[quote=johnasavoia]Only buy consumables from now until winter.
Ride more.[/quote]

Reality me knows this should be the case.

Fantasy me likes this idea.

[quote=johnasavoia]Only buy consumables from now until winter.
Ride more.[/quote]

Reality me knows this should be the case.[/quote]

These are 100% compatible.

Totally absurd bike plans that I’ve thought about doing but actually did in the wee hours of the morning: 2017 edition.

told myself to only buy consumables, immediately purchase h/g and co-motion frameset. god damnit I have no self control.

This sounds like a fantastic idea. All I need is a tandem. Can you rent those?

[quote=imoscardotcom]Totally absurd bike plans that I’ve thought about doing but actually did in the wee hours of the morning: 2017 edition.

told myself to only buy consumables, immediately purchase h/g and co-motion frameset. god damnit I have no self control.[/quote]
Trevor, stop buying the same road bike over and over.

1. Sell parts, frames, wheels, half finished project bikes.

2. Use funds to purchase torch setup.

3. Build cargo bike for babby hauling.

hahahahahah did we finally break you?

[quote=Sneaky Viking][quote=imoscardotcom]Totally absurd bike plans that I’ve thought about doing but actually did in the wee hours of the morning: 2017 edition.

told myself to only buy consumables, immediately purchase h/g and co-motion frameset. god damnit I have no self control.[/quote]
Trevor, stop buying the same road bike over and over.[/quote]

dude, I know

Hey Trevor do you want to buy my Black Mountain lol

1. sell gunnar ruffian
  2. flat bar single speed the cross check for city shredz/occasional caviar shifts
  3. convince myself its okay to take the weekend off to camp/ride every once in a while
  4. full squish
  5. get the wheelie kids riding mountain bikes on trails

2017 goal: acquire no more bikes.
Possibly stash a one them somewhere, tricking myself into thinking I have 5 or 6.

^ this.

Do a few more bike events, realized from my last gravel grinder I miss the bike community outside of just bike shop life.

Need to get my mtb back up and running, if not then I should get rid of it.

[quote=guccipolo]
5) get the wheelie kids riding mountain bikes on trails[/quote]

This is a legitimately awesome thing to try for.

For me, 2017 is totally definitely the year that I swap my Xtracycle for a longjohn cargo bike, get an mtb, rebuild my fixed gear, commission another road bike, overhaul my Saila with lots of gaudy color-matched parts, and replace my Crosscheck with a more fun road/dirt bike.

I'm also definitely going to make my own bags for these bikes, get my kid into regularly riding her pedal bike, do some longer organized rides this summer, race cx more seriously this fall, and take a month off the bike to trail run once it starts snowing.  

Without question I'm going to finally go through all my old cycling apparel and parts bins and put everything up on ebay and use the money to pay for something responsible and grownup like dental visits or whatnot.  

Oh yes, a most busy year indeed.

[quote=jimmythefly]1) Sell parts, frames, wheels, half finished project bikes.

1. Use funds to purchase torch setup.

2. Build cargo bike for babby hauling.[/quote]

Please blog this process! Will subscribe

Buy hunter dither (not absurd, probably will happen)
Get 11s wet dicks group for CG and put the 10s dry dicks on H/G (also could totally happen)
Build sub 1300g wheelset for CG to put 28cc tires on and feel faster. (could maybe happen if I put my current 700c wheels on the H/G… if I can even do that)
Dont break my mountain bikes.
Decide if I need/want to sell my FS MTB (Size small Anthem SX from 2015 if anyone wants to make that choice easier)
Sell cross check for enough to buy bags and lights for H/G

Alright…

1: sell Yeti Cx since I no longer race cx or ride it around the mountains here, not the type of bike I need taking up space. Will probably regret this some time since LMTD EDTN™ and all that jazz, but whatever.
2: 650B’ify the Godspeed, have My Framebuilder weld dick mounts to it, rebuild wheels, get sw8 supple tyres and put cable dicks (since campy) on that awesome bike.
3: Buy tubs for the Viner Pista and do some sw8 fixie’ing this summer.
4: ride the Monark 93280 from 1958 during Ronde van Retaard 2017 and then hang the frame on my wall waiting on some L’Eroica-lust to ride it in Italy.
5: Clear out all spare parts and sell/give away since I no longer have space for basically anything or even the bikes I want to keep…
6: Don’t buy any more bikes jut do maintenance…

hahahahahah did we finally break you?[/quote]

I’m in this insane life-state where I want the Pugsley to be singlespeed AND 3x9 at the same time.

build a frame and put hydro dicks + friction barcons on it
four lowtrail forks for the present stable
e-assist dropbar commuter if I get another eastside job