track and street build up

wow that title sounds super…awesome
anyways
I used to ride at hellyer couple times a month and once a week during the summer. and I want to start going again regurally once or twice a week or on vacation a couple times after couple of months start competing.
I need to use my bike to commute to school, around 30mile round way trip.
and going to rides with my friends…

I can spend around 300-400. I was wondering;
I need help/reviews on the crankset and bb to buy
What are crankset/bb that are good/ok for track, that would still be suitable when i start competing(hopefully), but at the same time durable enough for daily rides in the street.

get a pursuit bike

…godamn it
i suck

lol

They’re all fine on the street, though you don’t sound up for overhauling a bottom bracket, so may be avoid the 75’s

Just get some Omniums. They’re as cheap as you can get a respectable track crankset for.

I would be up to overhaul bottom brackets, as i used to do it to my road bike and I really love to fix my bike myself and diy and all.
…getting to know the true soul of my bike…
so i dont mind the extra work, to get to know how to do these things.plus I hate going to shops to get things fixxed.I have the tools so id rather…do it myself.

That said, I am putting the omniums as my number one for now because I’ve heard alot about them and yea. What about the Miche pista adv. and the gran compe?I have these available locally so wondering how these hold up. I just want something that’ll last me…forever…

wtfuck is going on here???

i have to stop posting when im half asleep
i need cranks for track. thatll last me a long time
so far im considering
omniums
miche pista adv
and grand compe
which one?

Yes, they’ll all last forever. Just get the one’s you think are the prettiest at the price you want to spend.

I don’t think anyone can make any legitimate claims that one crankset is notably better than another for your purposes. Consider an upgrade when you go pro

You can’t stop a fool from making a fool of himself.

Excuse me, what is a Grand Compe crankset?

For what it’s worth I rode a 75 BB and crankset on the road and track for while and had no problems at all. Even with a couple rain days. $20 says you could get freakin’ Pake cranks and they’d be fine. Get whatever.

apparently you can’t.

[quote=“kyle!”]Excuse me, what is a Grand Compe crankset?

For what it’s worth I rode a 75 BB and crankset on the road and track for while and had no problems at all. Even with a couple rain days. $20 says you could get freakin’ Pake cranks and they’d be fine. Get whatever.[/quote]

They also make doubles (maybe triples too)

Stop feeding him, Petr.

Oh I’ve seen those sometime in the past. They look nice and silly.

LOL. I seriously had a brianforums flashback where I would hang out in the mechanics forum and field no brainers like I was an expert or something.

Those cranks are hideous

Miche makes a good crank that isn’t too expensive. On the Primato, the spider is threaded so you don’t need to use a backer for the CR bolts. This makes swapping rings faster, but it does lead to the possibility of stripping the spider. I bought a crank that had a stripped hole, ran a tap through it and used a longer bolt. Worked fine. I don’t know if the advanced still has this feature.

Unfortunately, unless they changed it for the newer Advanced crank, the BB is a pain in the ass. It is adjustable on both sides so it takes a bit longer to get it properly installed. Then, it tends to loosen over time and creak so you have to pull the cranks and tighten it every few weeks. Functionally, it works great. If you could get a ISO taper in a symmetrical 107 mm length from someone else, I’d do it.

[quote=“TimArchy”]This makes swapping rings faster, but it does lead to the possibility of stripping the spider./quote]
This sounds scary.