Track Chat

let’s discuss track cycling!

where aero helmets are cool!

I love me some pursuit.

Can’t wait to finish my track bike.

I do miss me some track racing. Just finished summer #3 in cheeseland and have only made it to a track for one race night.

Boise sucks. They dug a hole for a velodrome then forgot about it. Now they run cyclocross races through it and it’s completely trashed. Fuckers.

you lost me at “boise”

Sorry, Idaho is what I should have said

Velodrome, I will be in you soon. Either I skip the team ride this weekend and head to the beginner session, or the Saturday after thxgiving.

Anyone know some good shallowish track drops they can recommend?

Also the beginner sessions are fun for my ego because I can smash on the other beginners with my roadie fitness because they’re mostly just kids that like riding fixies. Except the one time there was one of the regular juniors out there with a full disc and a biketard. He beat me in the keirin, but I think if I wasn’t spun out on tiny gears I might have come closer at least.

Also one of the other dudes crossed wheels and almost went down in front of me and then I almost swerved into the rail because I overcompensated

Unless you’re doing sprint events exclusively, track drops are whatever road bars you like.

If you want a sprint bar that’s shallow there’s a pro vibe track bar… or just ball hard and get the 3t scatto.

Les Bois. Better?

do you speak-a my language?

@matt: I think the 3t rotundo at 83mm reach/ 143mm drop is the best bet. mine’s sitting in a box unused, if you want it - it’s yours! :bear:

Only pure sprinters are using track bars. Just use road bars. Fit should be similar, but more aggressive. Lower and further forward on the saddle. Races are short, so you don’t have to take long term comfort into consideration.

fav track workouts for scratch/pointing races?

track homie says 10 easy, 5 hard until you cant anymore. Seems like everyone just does some form of that interval

also, getting a replacement 48t chainring led to getting a 47,48,49 and 50. Pro deal is the death of me

Once you have 4 chainrings like that you’re pretty much set though. I’m missing a 50 at the moment, have 48, 49 and 51.

WTH I haven’t been on the track in like a year now but still have the track bod.

yeah, unfort. the novice race class requires a 47/15 to keep speeds down, prob wolnt get much use out of it after that’s over. Can always get the big dogs if I keep with it.

47x14 is a pretty useful gear. Might be BS but a lot of guys like small chainrings with small cogs for mass start races as opposed to the same gear inches with bigger chainrings and cogs.

rauce lent me some wheels for trackin’

[quote=bobbythehawk]fav track workouts for scratch/pointing races?

track homie says 10 easy, 5 hard until you cant anymore. Seems like everyone just does some form of that interval

also, getting a replacement 48t chainring led to getting a 47,48,49 and 50. Pro deal is the death of me[/quote]

47-51 will cover everything alongside 14, 15, and 16t cogs (until you get into the big leagues). i have 48-51t, still need a 47.
over/unders are your friend. you should be doing 20 minutes alternating 30 seconds under threshold, 30 seconds over.
also 1 minute on (anaerobic) and 1 minute off (resting) x 5-7 or so is good too. to make that points race relevant, it’s more like 45 seconds zone 5-6, 15 seconds sprint in your intervals.