Track Chat

^HIGH FIVE^

current gear game is 48-50 + 13-17 (deal with it) but need to share with mrs. y. need to acquire some choice duplicates.

[quote=y]rauce lent me some wheels for trackin’

[/quote]

storn

also sup amy

jacques, you chain looks a little too tight

Bobby, you are doing learn to ride right now on fridays and saturdays? I should get off my ass and sign up for learntorace.

sat/sun, you could do the novice workouts then if you wanted to get in some track time.

Yeah, need dat track slack.

Made it out to the beginner session today. Garmin logged a total of just over 17 miles for the 3 hours we were there lol. Got to do some pace lining, a ‘ribbon’ drill going up and down the track, a couple of scratch races, and an australian pursuit. I got one of the scratch races on video i’ll put up once it uploads. A couple of regulars were there, one that usually races A-group and one that races B-group. They said our race was around typical B-group pace, so it’s good to know that I was able to sit in ok. The A-group guy attacked just before the bell and I didn’t want to pop out too suddenly so I missed his move. One guy that rode there brakeless and claims to ride his track bike all the time almost took me out when we were riding side by side on the last lap (@4:40) and I pretty much sat up from there. Still fun though, and I’m getting more comfortable riding fixed.

buttrocket fixie dude was wobbling all over :colbert:

riding burnaby seems like a very different experience then hellyer.

did a bunch of intervals tonight, some 2 man team pursuit, and lots of tempo/exchanging. with the pace a little higher everything happens naturally, really enjoying the rhythm, and working on smoothness. also, my legs are cooked! instructor had us running tempo and doing 15 second sprints on his bell. he kept ringing the bell when i was 1/3 through the corner…attacking while in the bank is a weird experience- likely a bit weirder because we had to stick on the blue line (slower traffic was in the pole lane)

i need a longer stem :confused:

don’t know if its worth the watch but this was yesterday- riding in pairs, first bell the leader sprints, second bell the follower pursuits. my butt shows up eventually.

https://youtu.be/UzaoUbVoHv0?t=15m8s

did 4 “russians” today, 5x4 riding the rail, 4th lap hot. ouch.

Bobby is it considered ok for random doofuses to get in on the novice workouts? This weekend is looking bad but i could come out next time

pretty sure that is what they are for!

I remember working an intro series at MTV about a decade ago, just when fixie kids were starting to race on the track. In the infield, everyone was practicing their Keo-spins. One kid had a butt-rocket, clips and straps (with Nike tennis shoes), and chrome steel Nitto track bars with no tape and no bar plugs. He was squirrely as fuck. He owns King Kog in New York, now.

You guys seem to get much more of a workout at the beginner sessions than we do. Kinda jelly. That track seems so much shorter too, looks like a blast. Bummed out I’m going to be out of town for the second beginner race series day. Maybe I can catch it next month.

LPC - thanks for the offer, let’s ride bikes soon and I can check em out and give you some money for them. but also bikes.

Where should I be looking for affordable cogs/chainrings? Just amazon that shit? Dura-ace a decent bang for the buck for cogs?

If you want to go used chainrings, it’s hard to beat NJS-export.

For new chainrings, I like Alex. Cheap shipping and usually takes 4-5 days to get my package from Japan.
http://www.alexscycle.com/chainrings-en/

Cogs, Retrogression has good pricing. EAI Deluxe and Dura-Ace are both great quality for the money.
http://www.retro-gression.com/category/components-cogs-lockrings-freewheels

[quote=bobbythehawk]don’t know if its worth the watch but this was yesterday- riding in pairs, first bell the leader sprints, second bell the follower pursuits. my butt shows up eventually.

https://youtu.be/UzaoUbVoHv0?t=15m8s

did 4 “russians” today, 5x4 riding the rail, 4th lap hot. ouch.[/quote]

Took me years to find out they’re actually called “rush ins” and not russians

@babbymatt eBay old keirin stuff. It’s generally cheap and they often put up good photos of the teeth so you can see the wear. A little wear is fine.

I don’t think my experience is normal- my friend that started at the same time is just starting to do pace lines etc. for whatever reason they have been very comfortable with me doing whatever

@amy- pretty sure the instructor didn’t know either, she told us we were doing rush in’s in a Russian accent lol. Pretty sure it was her way of getting us out of the way so she could keep an eye on the new folks.

local guys hooked me up

Whoa… blackspire is still around?

glad you’re embracing the canadian lifestyle