Trials: Danny Macaskill shreds the fucking gnar in Edinburgh

another interesting video: chris akrigg is a British rider who can still compete at an international “pro” level, got bored and took the brakes off his bike

Chris Akrigg’s Day at the Seaside from chris akrigg on Vimeo.

Jamie Thomas is a legend. Ryan Sheckler is a bitch. The two names should never be put in the same paragraph.

Back to trials. I’ve always been a fan of motorcycle trials. I saw a demo when I was 9 and it was the most amazing shit I’ve ever seen.

skate contests started in order to see who was the best… trials by definition is getting through a marked section without putting your foot down.

it’s just interesting that even in something as “small” as trials you can get the great deviations you see today!

at least danny’s bike still looks like a “bike”

I guess I was taking umbrage with the idea that not winning contests meant what you did was less valid, but looking back, I misread your post.

i’m being serious, but i’m trying to find out how i could set up my bmx cruiser to do trials stuff. i won’t be spending any money on this venture if that’s what your asking.

danny mac may never compete, but with his videos has done more to reach the average consumer (outside of europe) than perhaps the top 20 “competition” riders

i’m being serious, but i’m trying to find out how i could set up my bmx cruiser to do trials stuff. i won’t be spending any money on this venture if that’s what your asking.[/quote]

I don’t think it would be that hard. Just move the seat all the way down. You could probably do it with the brakes on there now, but some HS-33’s would make it easier. And bigger tires couldn’t hurt. That’s basically all mod bikes are.

if you guys want trials bikes www.metabikes.com is owned by a guy i know and they make probably the best spec’d bikes you can buy at a reasonable price point. otherwise hit up www.hbtrials.com if you are from canada www.trialsin.com or www.trialspads.com if you are from the states. webcyclery sells trials parts, and if your dollar is still strong vs the pound www.tartybikes.com is a huge online retailer (you can also get the inspired 24 that danny mac rides in his videos)

dont fuck with hs-33s on a bike that doesnt use 4 bolt mounts. get some kettle tar that hasn’t been applied to a roof yet and rub that shit on your rims. get the patented trials squeal and lockup for dayzzzzzzzzzzz

http://vimeo.com/3006273

here’s some sorta slow motion stuff. when they use the front wheel to get accross/up things is really blowing my mind right now

Bump.

My mother-in-law just sent me a link to this vid on facebook. Apparently it was on the Telegraph’s website.

Now I just need to figure out why my mother-in-law reads the Telegraph.