true confessions (but mostly stealth braggin')

nah zelah deleted that when ppl made fun of his 300$ jeans

im a douche irl.

I have odyssey twisted pedals (no foot retention!) on my Omniums right now.
I also have risers with a positive rise stem.

I never trackstand at lights because I’m lazy and dont give a shit. I’ll put my feet down because it’s easier.

I prefer riding my trainer than riding in winter weather.

I don’t like talking on forums about bikes (hence why I stay in OT most of the time)

I enjoy the feel of risers.

I really want to stick it in Selena Gomez.

OT annoys the shit out of me.

The ‘humor’ on vsalon confounds me. As much as I respect some of those guys and am nearly universally jealous of their bikes, I just don’t get them. Glee? really?! This is as good an example as any of what I am talking about.

I wish I rode my bikes more.

I am in the ugly transition area between hipster and roadie, and by not technically qualifying for either at the moment, I have realized I am firmly a fred.

I always get a little apprehensive before I hop on my biek. Partly coz I’m so accident prone and don’t want another ‘free ride’ in the ambulance.
The good news is that if I get into a position where the ambulance does want to stop by and give me a visit… my next ride is FREE!!! :slight_smile: :-/

I hit a parked car riding drunk, stumbled back onto the bike to try to get away from what I thought was a cop car with its lights flashing behind me, crashed a second time and didn’t manage to get back on for a third before the paramedics from the ambulance chasing me could run out and grab my shoulders.

I had a pretty good laugh inside the ambulance. They brought my bike in and dropped me off a few blocks down. I walked home with scrapes all over and no glasses for my blind-as-fuck eyes, but I could tell from the silhouettes that I was being stared at by every passerby.

If you’re a mildly competent rider, and can unclip and reclip without incident, then there’s really little or no reason to track stand. It’s just a waste of energy.

BUT ITS SO COOL
i like my non-aero levers.

this. I’m so lazy and its way easier just to leave the left foot clipped in and rest on my bike for 20-30 seconds.

I like trackstanding because I think its easier (and yes Im competent). I do it on my freehub bikes too as much as I can.

Never ridden a real track bike.

Don’t like Vsalon at all, I don’t care who is there.

i can’t trackstand. never really attemped to learn; too afraid i’ll fall over and embarass myself.

^ I promise you can do it. It’s really not hard.

I will trackstand on my bikes (road or fixed) for a little bit, but if I’m waiting for the whole light the foot goes down. That’s the difference between bike handling skills and looking like a jerk atmo

I have ridden a bike on about 4 occasions since the end of August. I have access to an old ass too small for me low end KHS mtb with cantis, but it has a flat and I’m too lazy to fix it. It really kinda sucks.

I have a deep and abiding love for my Cross-Check and suspect it and the Xtracycle are the only bikes I should own.

Despite this, can haz moar???

EDIT for relevance to comments ITT:

• Road tarckbike today. Top tube too short. Want to replace with Steamloller coz i++;
  • Trackstand like a motherfucker. Why not? More fun on geared bikes coz harder
  • Want to replace LeMond roadbiek with Surly Pacer coz irrational fear of crabon fork, plus i++;

I’m a crap cyclist - slow, poor handling, pretty nervous.

But I love cycling anyway.

I ride my bikes everyday but not nearly as much as I would like.

Haven’t done any real rides since the middle of summer.

Never convinced my bikes are set up correctly. Nor am I ever convinced my fit is correct.

Love riding my track bike.

Love riding my jackass hybrid freewheel polo bike.

Slow as shit on my cross commuter.

I have 20 or so bikes, but I have only ridden 4 of them in the last 2 months.