true confessions (but mostly stealth braggin')

i never got my confidence back after my shoulder blowout.
a surgery and 4 months without a right arm made me realize my mortality and my cycling has suffered because of it.
=(

I wrecked a beautiful Nitto Randonneur handlebar this week because I failed to notice that the metal plate wasn’t threaded through the bolt on my brake lever when I was tightening it down. The bolt went through the bar, and I cried like a babby.

I ride a bike that has terrible handling because of a fork with the wrong rake, but I’d rather wobble all over at low speeds than buy another fork right now.

I’ve only pulled the single speeds out of storage once in the last 3 or 4 months, and that was to get serial numbers for a new insurance policy.

I rarely ride anything at all anymore, but that’s mostly because I don’t have time during the week.

I really want to put gears on the CrossCheck but then I’d have to pull off the Sante cranks for something compact or triple. Not ready to make that commitment.

i quit commuting to my shop once it starting getting dark before i would get home. i have all the clothing i need to ride in the cold night, besides cold weather gloves/mitts, and im too cheap to buy them and too vain to wear my snowboarding gloves.

also i used to hate specalized/giant before i worked at a dealer, but now i want a tarmac pro sl or tcr advanced sl

[quote=thurston]I have odyssey twisted pedals (no foot retention!) on my Omniums right now.
I also have risers with a positive rise stem.[/quote]

wow, change ominium to s300 and yeah, that’s my setup right now, too.

pretty fun, although i can’t wait to ride with a different setup. variety, man.

If you’re a mildly competent rider, and can unclip and reclip without incident, then there’s really little or no reason to track stand. It’s just a waste of energy.[/quote]

if you’re doing it wrong. even trackstanding on a road bike (or fwss) is just a matter of balancing after a minute, no more effort than plain ol’ standing. sometimes on uneven road it’s harder.

and personally, i do it all the time because i usually think it’s pretty easy and next to no energy spent, and if a gap opens in the traffic, i can pounce on it.

[list=1]
[]I trackstand quite a lot, but that’s because I will blow a light if there’s a gap in traffic
[
]Sometimes I fuckup the trackstand and do the slow circle thing
[*]I have a triple on my road bike
[/list]

Can we confess more than once?

i’m scared to commute.
too many people get killed in dallas…or texas for that matter…every year.

[quote=Der Blaue Reiter]troo confession:
I RARELY wash my pants.[/quote]
I’ve worn the same pair of pants everyday since Friday.

i went from this 2008

to this 2009

also, i really want a cross check because of this forum

next year im doing a triathlon

[quote=thehappyrobot]i’m scared to commute.
too many people get killed in dallas…or texas for that matter…every year.[/quote]

from what I’ve seen in houston, I would not commute either. I dont blame you…

I was doofo.

thesadrobot sock puppet isn’t me.

OH yeah I am doing a triathlon too, but it is for charity. After being doored really hard 4 years ago, I still ride a little more tentatively and it makes me fell like a low pussy. no offense meant to pussies.

I only ride <80 km a week these days
I have some jeans that hardly ever get washed and sometimes i smell the ass to see how they’re doing.
I haven’t written a word on my PhD for three weeks

I haven’t washed my clothes in about three months.
I could get better grades this semester but I just don’t feel like it.
I hate what the fixed gear has come to represent but I still love riding. I’m getting a lighter geared bike, but I’m scared I won’t like that.

I have 3 girlfriends…

i usually don’t wear socks in my cycling shoes and they are really old
so whenever i get up to the front to pull everyone behind me gets a stinky odor
it was so bad i could smell it

also teh first time i ever did a century i brought my messenger bag
but someone convinced me to leave it at their house
i should buy him a beer