true confessions (but mostly stealth braggin')

You bros are right. 2016 resolution is to ride more but especially ride the fun bikes more

Look at the B&M Ixxon Core + Ixxi bundle. Like dynamo lights, but not.

ride your damn bike. no bike is too good to not ride the fucks out of. if you won a world champ and you are sentimental, yeah, for sure, put it in a glass box with your medal and jerz.[/quote]

Reminds me of a guy I ran into one time on 9W. He said that he never rides in the rain, 'cause if you do you have to take your bike apart to clean it properly.

I rode SRAM eTap.

It’s incredible.

I’m sorry.

So I’ve heard.

[quote=Wintage Townie]I rode SRAM eTap.

It’s incredible.

I’m sorry.[/quote]

It’s incredible.

I’m sorry.[/quote]

Shit is dope. Hoping they will do a WiFLi version.

Word is long cage will drop the same time as hydro which is soon. Sram dude at worlds said everyone internally is now on pre-production stuff. I would expect type 2.1 will hit the same time.

Anyone ridden it in the rain? Still works below freezing?

whats the battery life?
since there are like 90 batteries I would really dig changing it once a season or something

[quote=turpencat]whats the battery life?
since there are like 90 batteries I would really dig changing it once a season or something[/quote]

50-60 hours for the usb rechargable packs on the servos, eight months for the replaceable coin batteries in the control units. front and rear battery packs are identical, so if one dies before the other, it would be possible to swap around to shift into a workable gear. I’m getting this from a GCN promotional review and a similar article on Bikeradar.
If it works as suggested, a normal roadie would be charging the shifting system about every six weeks?

It’s incredible.

I’m sorry.[/quote]

rim or disc?

TC: This is the first sram product i’ve actually wanted. Sram hydro still scares me tho- what are the thoughts on their hydro rim brakes? I’ve installed a few at my old shop in California, and they setup OK, but no idea how they look after use.

I guess I shouldn’t be too scared- Shimano sent me leaking calipers, and the 685’s lever throw is massive… (the latter is not an actual issue when riding, just fred’s complaining when they pull the lever to the bar in the showroom)

I keep thinking about getting a Surly Troll.

Realistically I think I’d be happy with that, a fat tired drop bar bike and a BMX.

TC- can’t remember the last time I rode more than 25mi.
any fitness improvements I gained this year are gone and battlefield1 comes out in a month, damnit…

^fucking same
Between work and how fucking hot it was this summer I barely did anything but commute. Really hoping to get some adventures in between now and the snow.

TC I have been trying so hard to find a way to avoid bleeding the new brakes I put on my bike that I could have easily expended that energy on just fucking bleeding them by now. All I have to do is top them off and push some air out of the system, but I’m still gonna put it off until next weekend.

also TC my shopbro-builds are catching up to me. Without constant access to tools and workbenches, it’s really hard to keep up with all of my kludges.

Though you can prob get some equestrian in that way.

surprisingly the horses were one of the only bits I didn’t gripe that much about. only major flaw to me was that you can’t hear enemy horses, and then your head comes off

Snipers were such fucking bullshit in the beta, dunno if I’m in for this one, I’ll have to see what the other maps look like.

TC - I been getting some numb hand issues on 100km rides pretty bad and I think it’s not bike fit so I guess my abs of steel have become abs of can’t support my upper body while riding a bike :frowning:

yeah…sniping was ridiculously easy in the beta