Velo Orange / Wellgo Track Pedals

maybe you just have a wide q factor.

That’s what she said.

It is quite possible that I don’t know any better. For the little mileage I’ve put on them so far, they aren’t uncomfortable, though to be quite honest, clips and straps are a new thing for me. I’ve got 50/50 platform/clipless on my MTB and a set of clipless pedals for the party foul in the event that the clips and straps don’t work out. I’ve liked them so far and don’t have to dig up shoes to ride to the coffee shop in the morning.

If after a month or so I hate 'em and they wear through the soles of my shoes, I’ll come back and sing the I was wrong song.

I’m going to put Power Grips on a pair of BMX platforms for my new winter commuter bike. I’ll let you know how that goes.

Of course you post that after that “messenger” came and told us clips and straps are out.

Well, it’s for riding with boots on a 29er MTB in the snow down an un-plowed MUP.

Well that’s pretty badass.

Just Google it, jackass.

Wait, why the fuck did I post this in here?

[quote=“Jabba Degrassi”]PRICE CHECK: How’s CDN$187.50 sound for a pair of Adidas Adistar XC Race shoes (seen here)? My LBS has a single pair in stock that fit me perfectly, selling for an absolutely insane $375, but they offered me half off.

They’re so fucking red.[/quote]

I really don’t like commuting with MTB shoes. I had a pair of Sidi Bullets that fit me great but I just hated walking in them. I ended up throwing them on CL and picking up some Shimano commuter jams that I don’t remember the model number of right now. They’re stiff enough that I don’t get any hot spots, and I can actually walk around without feeling like I’m wearing soccer cleats. I even made money on the sell/buy situation, which bought me hella candy.

http://coinmill.com/CAD_USD.html#CAD=187.50

$144.87 USD

http://www.google.com/products?q=Adidas ... lnk=prsugg

damn that was hard

edit: well now you’ve gone and edited out yoru posts :colbert:

Well, I just couldn’t figure out why the hell I posted this in this completely unrelated thread.

Anyway, yeah, good deal. Why the hell do these bastards keep tempting me with this shit? My gf is already pissed about my new bike…

19 mile round-trip commute today in slip-on vans. The pedals weren’t a bother. The goddamn new brooks saddle on the other hand can suck my balls.

I think its just the design of Sylvans that is uncomfortable, I have some track pedals that are even smaller than the Sylvans and they feel way better.

i love, love, love, love, love my 70s campy pedals so comfy so great but for clipless shoes sidi dominators are the best hands down, so comfy fairly stiff for a mountain shoe, replaceable metal spikes which are great for cyclocross and just kicking other riders in general. love them http://www.lickbike.com/productpage.asp … 6890-00%27

Ouch, sounds bad. You’d better send this brooks to me for proper disposal. pm me for address??

…seriously, setup makes a big difference with any new saddle. Odds are good that yours is simply not positioned right.

No way, so a Brooks doesn’t actually work well on a track bike? I had no idea.

[quote=“mander”]
Ouch, sounds bad. You’d better send this brooks to me for proper disposal. pm me for address??

…seriously, setup makes a big difference with any new saddle. Odds are good that yours is simply not positioned right.[/quote]

The saddle is getting more comfortable and I’m still working on bike fit. The common wisdom is to tilt the saddle back while it’s getting broken in. I had it fairly level when I started. I stopped half-way to work and tilted it back even further. This helped, but I’d already gotten sore from sliding forward off my sit bones and onto my junk.

It’s not a track bike and won’t ever see a track, nor does it have track geometry. It’s a janky conversion of a ghetto road bike with fairly slack geometry. It was my intention to have a fixed gear bike that was comfortable to ride. I just finished it, so I’m still dialing in the fit, but the frame seems pretty compliant. In this sense, I accomplished my desired goal.