Velo Orange / Wellgo Track Pedals

I went into bikebiz yesterday hoping to buy the wellgos but when I had them in my hand and played with the spindle the bearings were so crunchy/grindy. i went with the dimension pedals which were virtually identical except for the absence of the wellgo logo. they spun ALOT smoother. they did cost 10 dollars more though.

^ ^ ^ That’s how a lot of pedals, including MKS Sylvans are out of the box. Once you get them on the bike and ride them, they smooth out. It’s nothing to worry about.

i guess i fooled myself and spend more than i needed. i just thought that because the pedals im currently running which are the sylvans never felt like that out of the box or ever really. im mainly replacing them because they ate and split my errebi sprints and plus i got hit by a car and the left pedal is slightly bent and causes a tiny bit of wobble.

yoyoyoyo, follow my lead. Wellgo mini BMX platforms (MG-28) with clips & double straps are gooood:

Pins on the corners can be screwed off, I took 'em off from the clip side so it’s easier to get in. I prefer this setup over the GR-9s anyway

I’ve never seen someone so desperate to be some sort of half-assed trendsetter before in my life.

Shut the fuck up. Stock black IRO. Have you ever had an original thought in your life?

You guys are grumpy. If the stock buildup is fine and he likes it, then why bother replacing anything?

And as far as the post with the platforms, I think he was joking around with the “be like me” stuff.

Shut the fuck up. Stock black IRO. Have you ever had an original thought in your life?[/quote]
I built it up from the frame and there’s not a single stock IRO part on it? So I don’t dig on gold anodized headsets and hot pink veeps. Fucking sue me. So I didn’t strip and repaint a perfectly good paint job. Again, fucking sue me.

You suck.

BRAVO!

You know nothing and your opinions are stupid.

You’re bad and you should feel bad.

A man needs goals in his life, right?

So back to Briansforums you go.

I think they may be different versions. Bikebiz has these:
Which looks like Wellgo 908s with a black spindle and a plastic endcap.

VO has these:

Which have aluminum endcaps, sealed bearings, and a silver spindle.

Loose ball bearings can feel crunchy initially, especially if they’re not adjusted properly. Sealed bearings can feel a bit sticky at first, but are very smooth.