Vintage lugged track frame.

Someone else suggested it may be a McBain, I will do some more looking into them. Cheers for the heads up wotan! Andy’s is really damn nice hey.

I will post a profile shot tomorrow!

i’ve never seen you around…

i wanna see this thing in person.

and wotam comes through.
i’d say he’s right, same BB shell, same track ends, lugs look similar too. seatstay ends are a bit different but that could be expected.

http://flickr.com/photos/maddfajita/2388316574/ http://flickr.com/photos/maddfajita/238 ... 383443466/

and people say tarckbike doesn’t have bike info.

^i was going to say the same thing!

Driveside profile shot…

Still not certain on what it is, doubt I’ll ever know for sure.

Anyway, here’s what she’s wearing.

• Dura Ace track hubs laced to Velocity Deep Vs.
  • Sugino cranks (circa 1976).
  • Hillman 80mm stem.
  • Cinelli track drops.
  • Sugino seat post.
  • Turbo saddle.
  • Shimano 600 headset.
  • Shimano sealed cartridge bb (only just replaced the beautiful old Sugino cup & cone bb I was running, damn).

looks awesome.
what size seatpost does it take and what does that tubing sticker say?

Dude, if you paint that thing I’m flying to aus to punch you in the dick.

[quote="(|)"]looks awesome.
what size seatpost does it take and what does that tubing sticker say?[/quote]

Reynolds 531 tubing

Fer realz. Keep that paint fucked up.

Mine:

Also, have a look at the scratched-up Eddy Merckx that poped up in “show your bike”. Hottness.

Hmm… those must be old pics since my bike isn’t really scratched up. But take my word: it is and it looks killer.

Hey so I’m still trying to identify this thing, anyone else got any ideas? And, it’s still unpainted, don’t stress.

seriously dude, it’s a mcbain.

what is it about this bike:

http://flickr.com/photos/maddfajita/2388316578/in/photostream

that makes you think yours is different?

EDIT: also eBay seller delno2 sold a bike in April that (from memory) looked exactly like yours but was gold where yours is red. He said it was most likely a mcbain. also, he is from tassie, home of mcbains. send him an email, as an old track dude he may be able to confirm.

but it seems to me like no amount of evidence will sway you.

Yea I’m feeling pretty certain that it’s a mcbain as well. Same lug cut outs, same BB cut outs, same dropouts.

Lugs look Raleigh to me. I don’t know anything about a mcbain.

mother fucker that thing’s tough

Since the fork looks to be original, pull it. Often times you can find information stamped on the steer tube. It will, at least, tell you if the fork is 531 as well.

I also fifth that is a McBain. Raleigh bottom brackets differ from the one you’ve shown.

killer bike. looks awesome.

Love it. At first I liked the suggestion of clearcoating (thinking about this for my partially-chromed and very scratched vintage frame), but yours has a healthy and full coat of chrome, so I don’t see the need.

Identify the frame? It’s mine. Return it at once.

All ya gotta do is mail it to me and I’ll identify it.