Weird Build Dithering Thread Infinity: Part 2

this is why you never let the marketing drones get a peek at the actual engineering drawings

I’ve always felt like it’s the opposite - by leading with such an absurd spec number people got fixated on the number and were less likely to notice they were just doing the Shimano thing and going 1mm under a standard bearing ID.

2 Likes

in the process of a ditherswap with @JUGE_FREDD where he gets my couch doo frameset and i get his erbslingshot.

only way out of this lifestyle is in a body bag.

8 Likes

The grind dither never stops

2 Likes

Ordered 2x11 flatbar shifters for dadbike. Mombike is getting 1x12, derper post and Shimano hydros if the Tektros are no good.

Already talking building wheels for her mombike but not sure it’s a priority at the moment.

We ordered her one of these on closeout -

10 Likes

Cracked my stem on my fixie. Wondering if I should just swap to a threaded fork or scour the earth for a cool quill stem. I have a threadless 1” Colnago carbon fork I could use or a steamroller fork I could use if I want bigger tires.

Converted the OPEN back to 1x with the Ratio cage that will let me run a 52 large cassette on the back. Currently sticking with 11 speed and an 11-46. Got a Garbaruk 11-50 coming. First ride tomoz. I may get the 12 speed ratchet but I am not really seeing an advantage to it. Not sure I am into a 10 tooth tallest gear.

6 Likes

12 speed is so much smoother than 11 in a he bigger cog range, particularly when compared with the 11-46.

That 11-46 was great when it came out as it was the rage to go 1x but most people didn’t have the legs for a true 1x. I couldn’t stand it. The jump from 37 to 46 and back down was a total pain when climbing. You’re either seated and spinning or standing and struggling.

12s all the way.

4 Likes

Wow. I see what you mean. My 11- 46 is Sunrace tho, not Shimano.

11-13-15-18-21-24-28-32-36-40-46

i can just hear my old boss:
“yeah but you’re gonna miss that 17t”

5 Likes

Won’t be so noticeable then!

1 Like

The Garbaruk will have a 17 ; )

1 Like

I spent all my money at the-house.com so this won’t come to fruition but I want to buy this frame Ciocc Track Bicycle Frame #22 Columbus Steel 58 cm Vintage Pista TT Frame NOS | eBay and spray.bike it like this but not as shitty

1 Like

the dream is alive

The bike Friday dither begins

What premium hub is out there with 135 qr, hg freehub, 6b disc and here’s the kicker… 36h. So far profile is all I can find.

Alternatively what is a tubeless compatible 20” 32h rim that isn’t a cliffhanger? Considering balling out on a set of carbon hoops but this is a bike that will have microshift so that seems inappropriate.

2 Likes
1 Like

White Industries XMR if 0.4 bong is still in the realm of premium.

These hubs suck, I’m sorry

@jame5on kept looking past Hadley for whatever but those actually look great

Are the end caps still swappable on the newer 350s?

1 Like

I have two sets. Both running ss with no issues. I posted a qr but the have two versions of bolt on that are compatible that I like even better. The guys at Balle answer the phone and know their shit

1 Like