Weird Build Dithering Thread Infinity: Part 2

I am not a little guy. Been running them on a belt for like 8years with no issues

5 Likes

About to buy the third set

1 Like

These are great. Same endcaps and interchangeability as the standard ISO 350. Beefed of flanges and steel body.

I’ve built up a few now.

1 Like

What’s the benefit of boost if you don’t spread the flanges?

ok i guess i gotta get a clydesdale fork for the basket bike like everyone’s told me i should do for years

Dynamo hub: is there something people prefer for small wheels? I have a Shimano DH-3D37 on the minivelo and it seems fine?

Rim: I remember someone here recommended the Alienation Malice rims, and I gotta say they look pretty good in terms of width and weight… anything else I should be thinking about

Tires: what do folks like for the 20"/26" clydesdale combo that’s minimally turdly? The 120tpi Maxxis Grifters on the minivelo are fine but slower than I’d prefer.

2 Likes

Got a 406/559 cycletruck, Shimano whatever dyno has worked great through 4 years of commuting, lights always on, as have the Schwalbe Big Apples front and rear. One flat when my dumb ass ran over an entire beer bottle, but honestly that one’s on me.

Rims… Rynolite and whatever came with it on the back, big soft tires and disc brakes mean I don’t really notice what happens with the rims.

2 Likes

Who was asking about dik brakes?

2 Likes

Just use whatever dyno you have or like. Technically a 1.5w/3v hub is better for little wheels cuz they spin faster but in practice who cares?

Get power blocks if you want decent tires. I am still waiting for the Rene herse 20” option. Maybe if we write Jan a letter he will get it made so we can all use them on our katus.

It’s panaracer can’t you just order some?

I don’t know if I can properly market a production run of the worlds finest supple 20” tubeless tires

2 Likes

Maybe go in with @igor who sells a bike that takes them and maybe talk to Bike Friday and/or Blue Lug you can probably make a production run work.

I think there would be a market for a 20" orange-friday-lug-town squishy cusher with colorblend provided you got distro lined up right away. It can’t all be lead-lined bmx tires.

1 Like

Coming in hot with the solutions!

Hey @igor let’s do this

And get someone to start making 26" slicks that aren’t German commuter tier heavy garbage and also not Jan

3 Likes

Hating to rain on this parade but not sure what this is going to do that the lighter weight bmx racing tyres don’t already do? If the usp is tubeless then maybe but that might be a bigger investment in production…

Yeah I dunno the market.

For what it’s worth it seems you can have wide, light, or tubeless: pick two.

Yea, you def want to be looking for single ply bmx racing tires. The double ply joints are overkill unless you’re sending 7 sets and doing wall rides. I’ve looked into doing tires and it is not fun. But if Compass wanted to do one with their patent pending brake supporting tech and noise cancelling whatever, I’d be stoked to get a KOM on the ride to the library.

8 Likes

Please no. That stuff us trash. Get Montana gold and automotive two component clear in spray cans. Night and day difference.

3 Likes

I’ve had no problems with spray.bike but noted.

It took for ever to cure IME. Cool colors though.

i want a 20" Rat Trap Pass so much

for gen-u-ine toobless options in non-turdly weights, I’m kinda looking at the IRC Siren Pro. Didn’t folks here really like their Boken Plus?

1 Like