[]650b conversion, moved the brake bosses down
[
]Fixed a dumb cable stop
[]Added some rake to the fork blades
[
]Added fork bosses at Wetmore/Riv and lowrider specifications
[*]Custom stoker stem
[/list]

Took it out for a test ride, and my wife says “something feels weird with the left pedal”. Turns out the XT730 cranks I’ve had in my stash for 10 years are bent on the NDS side. But luckily someone has some NOS ones on eBay.

On on a positive note the 650b x 47 tires completely change the tandem for the better.

well now I guess I need a tandem.

buy mine

[quote=bward1028]

Old man stem. Trying out the new Assavers fendor bendor too.[/quote]
What’s your solution for theft resistant TA wheels?

The front is a bolt on and i always lock the rear. don’t have a really good answer yet.

I put on a 48t Biopace ring and have ridden a few days in all 5 possible alignments. Tasting notes:

First i tried at +36 degrees. This bothered my hamstrings.
Then I tried at 0 degrees (tab aligned with crankarm.) This REALLY bothered my hamstrings
Then at -72 degrees. Felt like I needed to raise my stem, move saddle forward and spin a low gear. The Opposite Of Planing?
Then at -36 degrees. This felt pretty okay actually, almost normal.
Then at +72 and it was back to anti-planing.

But…why?

buy mine[/quote]

Update: put the junky 170mm stock cranks back on the tandem (ugh so many chainrings).

Took it for a test ride: pretty damn good.

Used a 4mm thick steel angel bracket as a reinforced tang/strut for my VO front rack w/ integrated decaleur (possibly one of the most annoying racks in the world, am I wrong? Is there something wurst out there?) lets see how this on a 50cm Wolverine v.2 holds up… singletrack?

[quote=curiousincident]started putting this parts bin 26" troll bike together.

will start lacing up some of the dirt cheap alex tubeless rims to hubs cut out of busted repair wheels. if the whole drop bars thing works i’ll consider ponying up for a tiagra group. otherwise the paint matched 120mm stem goes back on with some backswept bars.[/quote]
Cool. Nice bars too.

The old VO pass hunter rack is the most annoying rack I’ve installed. The Miyata I put it on has a threaded hole in the fork crown that doesn’t pass all the way through, and the rack has a fixed threaded rod instead of a bolt on tang. The cheapo Toba fenders in the mix mount with a tab not a daruma. Spent a good while spinning that annoying rack on and off repeatedly, with it’s stupid canti post mount arms snagging on my dumb bar end shifter cables, figuring out the correct thickness of washer to use so I could slide the fender (which I had to cut the mount slot open on the top) into position just as the rack rotated into position. Stupid garbage rack.

You could just drill out the for crown so you don’t have to thread the stupid rack onto it.

Yeah that’s the obvious solution

lmao did you pull the front wheel and spin the rack platform on?

for me, sold the rocky mountain i wasn’t riding, keeping my xprezo for now and put a bunch of old parts on it. Never got a good ride on this one to really try it out, so hoping to do that once finals are over. Too bad the company went out of business, this bike is totally ontrend for current enduro

Also was thinking about getting a shorter travel bike to travel with since I don’t always want a hardtail and the xprezo was a pain to pack. Turns out the process is super easy, and fits perfectly in an s&s case. Gonna have to see how it fits in there with wheels, but it’s already looking better than the xprezo (which was hard to get the one piece rear triangle in with the wheels. here the widest part of the frame is at the edge, so it shouldn’t get in the way of the wheels)

Next up will be converting my mattoc to work with 27.5, since I don’t want to scratch up the 36 with baggage handlers.

Planing Research, of the best kind, idiosyncratic and personal

Yeah that’s the obvious solution[/quote]
lolololol

10-42 cassette and 38t chainring for the CG for more gearing stupidity on stupid rides. Carbon Salsa Cowbells too.

38/10 is the same as 42/11 and 38/42 is 3.5 gear inches smaller than 42/42.

That’s a nice lookin biek, any info on the brand even if they went belly up on the www?