What did you do to your bike today?

Old man stem. Trying out the new Assavers fendor bendor too.

Love your weight weenie shakes

seatpost plus saddle combo is fiah

Was going to start working on Fatty Stripper tubeless stuff but I can’t find the fucking valve stems that came with strips. Where the hell did I put those damn things???

Got my 29+ wheelset back from the shop - they fished the 2-year old tubeless goo clump monsters out and re-filled/re-sealed 'em.

Tomorrow, the Mukluk gets put together for bike camping duty. I didn’t do that enough last year, so now I’m getting ready for some spring trips.

I got tired of the whole ‘seatbag sway’ and the difficulty of packing the damn thing repeatedly, so I picked up a PDW Bindle Rack. Gonna try that out and see how well it handles my Hilleberg.

Also measuring the frame for a custom bag. Salsa, in their infinite whatever, didn’t make one for the Mukluk. So I’m gonna go back to the dude that made one for Snowaguch.

I hated my bindle rack with a passion.

Hope you have better luck.

[quote=kmcdon]I hated my bindle rack with a passion.

Hope you have better luck.[/quote]

Why?

low quality bolt stripped out on the first trip

scratches my seatpost

bag kept falling out on fast rocky descents

it’s clunky and annoying to strap up

I’ll just deal with the sway.

Noted. I’ll grab a better bolt (saw that in a couple other places) and see if I can anticipate the rest.

Brooks, I love that whole damn bike

started putting this parts bin 26" troll bike together.

will start lacing up some of the dirt cheap alex tubeless rims to hubs cut out of busted repair wheels. if the whole drop bars thing works i’ll consider ponying up for a tiagra group. otherwise the paint matched 120mm stem goes back on with some backswept bars.

[quote=curiousincident]started putting this parts bin 26" troll bike together.

will start lacing up some of the dirt cheap alex tubeless rims to hubs cut out of busted repair wheels. if the whole drop bars thing works i’ll consider ponying up for a tiagra group. otherwise the paint matched 120mm stem goes back on with some backswept bars.[/quote]
hmm.

i miss free hubs from busted wheels.

[quote=akasnowmaaan]Got my 29+ wheelset back from the shop - they fished the 2-year old tubeless goo clump monsters out and re-filled/re-sealed 'em.

Tomorrow, the Mukluk gets put together for bike camping duty. I didn’t do that enough last year, so now I’m getting ready for some spring trips.

I got tired of the whole ‘seatbag sway’ and the difficulty of packing the damn thing repeatedly, so I picked up a PDW Bindle Rack. Gonna try that out and see how well it handles my Hilleberg.

Also measuring the frame for a custom bag. Salsa, in their infinite whatever, didn’t make one for the Mukluk. So I’m gonna go back to the dude that made one for Snowaguch.[/quote]
Did you check the measurements on their bags? I used a parsley bag on my troll and it fit perfect because surly makes a bunch of their front triangles the same. I wouldn’t be surprised if an off the rack relevate bag fit.

The carbon Mukluk frame has a really weird shape, with the top tube angling up right in front of the seat tube, and the down tube being shoved forward of the bottom bracket 5" or so to create more room. I’m annoyed when frame bags only ‘kinda’ fit, so it’s worth the money for the custom bag to me.

Also, I’m in Sweden, so I have fewer options, and when you throw in VAT and shipping for places in the USA, it’s almost the same price for me to go custom.

But, I like the look of Parsley, so I have it saved for later. Thanks!

Do you know about these Revelate-made Salsa bags that ostensibly are made for Mukluk frames?

[quote=lukasz]What’s wrong the the Salsa Mulkuk bag they had Revelate make?

Look at the years of the bikes those are made for again

then look at the 2017-18 Muks

I mean I won’t but just wanted to let you know in case you missed this somehow.

Ah, it wasn’t meant to be that snarky - just that the frames are a complete redesign, so the bags don’t fit at all.

But, you made me check the Salsa site - and it looks like they didn’t abandon the Muks, they just didn’t make bags for a while, and I see they now have them. So I don’t have to get custom after all, if I don’t want it. So you were kinda right.

re-dished rear wheel (in place); realized when fixing the fenderline that it was actually just slightly off in the horizontal dropouts; re-re-dished wheel.