What did you do to your crosscheck today?

Finally installed the freelock thing on my Bullitt.

Also wiped it down a little. Thing was *filthy *

8 Likes

Bobcheck

22 Likes

Added sealant for the first time in 4-6 mo. Should really replace the rear tire but too lazy today.

Rattle canned my new CETMA rack purple

10 Likes

I can think of at least one Softride it would look GREAT on

6 Likes

past few weekends:

Took a week of soaking in PB Blaster but I finally got the BB out of the orange beater.

You’d think I would have learned after the last time I had to do this a little over 7 years ago, but I apparently completely neglected to grease or antiseize the BB threads when this BB went in. At least I got it out cleanly instead of resorting to the hacksaw like last time

It’s going to be going to 2x11 with an XTR FC-M985 crankset - mixing and matching the stock chainring options to get a 44/28 combo - and an 11-42 cassette on the back end.

Built some wheels. BTLOS M-i25 26" rims, Sapim D-Light spokes and brass doublesquare nips. DT350 rear hub and a SON Delux up front. These are going on a Romanceür.

Helped my friend rebuild her second-hand Seven, going from rim brakes/700C x 25/3x9 to wet discs/650Bx38/2x11

customer request was “carbon fork” (non-negotiable) and “cagro zits”, frame requirement is “9/8 inch steerer”, which painted us into a bit of a corner. No one really makes road-length carbon utility forks; this Genesis CGR1 fork is probably 20-30mm longer than the stock Seven fork. Ultimately I think it’s going to work out fine because A) she wanted to raise her bars, B) she usually rides with massive saddle setback, so this should reduce the need for that (maybe we can get rid of that “bent” thomson), and C) it should mitigate dropping the BB height with the smaller wheels.

Caletti down in Santa Cruz did great work putting a disc tab on, and did some rear rack mounts at the dropouts while we were at it. We probably shouldn’t run this 160mm rear disc though, I think this is a 140mm-only rear end… not a big issue as she is a VERY small and lightweight human.

12 Likes

this jawn is probably the ideal, but only 5mm shorter axle-to-crown:

also the folly of zits:

Fork max payload: 3kg per side

1 Like

that was actually the fork that I specifically suggested first, and I forget why we didn’t go with it.

also not terribly worried about weight limits on the cargo cages. The biggest issue she’d faced camping on this bike is cargo volume.

the plan is to combine the new dropout mounts with a seatpost collar with rackmounts, so we can strap stuff to the rack instead of desperate measures to keep a buttrocket from dragging on the rear wheel. And swapping out the shift-cable-out-the-side 9-speed shakes will free up a lot more room up front for a handlebar roll. Add some rolltop bags to the fork zits for lightweight stuff, and I think we’ll have more than doubled the usable volume on the bike.

I cut some bigger slots out of the coroplast in the basket to make it easier to get bag straps through.

10 Likes

Installed the fork and headset couple days ago at the bike kitchen, found a new rear wheel 6500 to Open Pro for $30. Hoping to dynamo the front with a matching rim.

Polished the stem and seatpost; started in on the brake levers but they’re still pretty scuffy. Shifters looked okay and I didn’t want to mess up the engraving so they went right on. Saddle got some Jasco on it but some leather lotion brought it back. These @igor bars are going to be fun I think, went wide with 46cm on a whim.

8 Likes

how are you gonna split lanes with a 46cm bar

while riding a wheelie?

pretty basic stuff.

3 Likes

The Polyvalent got the 2x crank and BB recently taken off the winter ruiner and the M6025 pusher that didn’t work on that bike. So far it seems to work pretty well with a 7-spd era Deore thumbie (rear shifter in friction mounted upside down on the left). Even with the low limit screw fully backed out the chain rubs a bit in the biggest 2-3 cogs when in the little ring so now I’m debating a wider BB, a Jtek eccentric pusher shim, or just putting a pre-boost mtn crank on it. Whatever, it’s only in the little ring to get up the stupid steep hill coming back to my place from the MUT, so maybe none of those things will happen.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, also decided to look up suggested torque values for square taper crank bolts and tightened bolts on four other bikes because whoops I’ve not been tightening them enough.

1 Like

You have to call this a full coverage fender, right?

9 Likes

Nope.

what in the Frank Lloyd Wright kinda fender you got there son

4 Likes

I heard that triangles are strong.

1 Like

Swapped out my xtr bb7s for deore hydraulics on my SC Super light. Well, one is deore, the other is the OEM thingy with the weird pads. I always wondered what the difference was in weight. 1 gram.

9 Likes