What did you do to your crosscheck today?

New bob bag

10 Likes

Ugly color, doesn’t match anything, inexpertly and sloppily done. I love it

19 Likes

Will be painting the Tubus next. Taking color suggestions

1 Like

Worked good

Orange, but a totally different orange to your bartape

1 Like

Handy bars are going this classy dark blue to counteract the clown bike aesthetic a little bit

But Orange does sound good

This is the way

God damn it. Front caliper contacts cooling fins. Fucking bikes. I hate them

3 Likes

Is it just me or are Shimano brakes a doddle to bleed compared to Sram? BITD I used to have Formula brakes which I hated with a passion, I have a lazy piston in my sram road hydros and I Youtubed the procedure. Looked like a real PITA.

2 Likes

I can bleed Shimano without a problem, so that says something about the ease.

1 Like

Yeah. I actually enjoy doing Shimano!

Turned the Night Moves into a road bike and raced a crit. As a road bike with 32s it feels better than my Coffee Grinder. Which makes sense actually.

10 Likes

The sticky piston can be fixed with a little brake fluid on a cotton bud.

Push the piston as far as you dare (3 mm?) and wipe the circumference of the piston. If you do that a few times, the piston should return normally.

Park Tools has a YouTube video about it, I think.

Thanks. Yeah. I had a crack at that. With a cotton bud. Will have to try again.

New break pads in the commuter.
Thought I might need to bleed them but so far it feels like the streak of never bleeding continues.

3 Likes

I tried and failed to mount a kickstand on Ash’s bike.
The damn thing has cable guide brazeons on the bottom of both chainstays right where the kickstand goes!

Any other kickstand options that aren’t terrible that mount somewhere other than the stays right behind the biscuit tube?
This is the kind I was trying to mount.

@Rusty_Piton i see a ton of chainstay mounted kickstands around here (single chainstay, mounted near dropout on NDS) but I’ve never used one

Edit: Like this

Edit edit: i saw at least 5 examples within 2 blocks of my office including this one

2 Likes

ooh great colors, poor execution

1 Like

Took it out of the box and hung parts on it, ran out of time to set it up this AM. E13 intergalactic was a good choice with this brown ATMO.

9 Likes

Put an old crank and wider bottom biscuit on the Stumpy. It really should have a 122mm spindle. A 118 with a few spacers will suffice for the time being because I’m trying to not buy every single bike part that enters my thoughts. This isn’t the original crank for the bike, but is the same make/model (courtesy of Jimmy’s hoard), so that’s fun.

12 Likes