What did you do to your crosscheck today?

Yes. Quiet on the way home, too.

1 Like

There’s one locally in my size with Record 11. I want it, but I’m at road bike capacity.

2 Likes

I have a distinct recollection of riding a customer’s 595 with 404 tubulars and 23s pumped up to 110 (probably) and it having the ride quality of a jackhammer

I like the dmr vaults/v11 and deity tmacs- but both of those run around 450g for the set. Haven’t used the stamps but those seem much lighter.

Or you can get a pair of yoshimuras which weigh about the same and I’ll buy them off you if you don’t like them…

Shoes I feel like v stiff flat shoes don’t work to well for grip, having a larger platform will support a slightly flexier shoe and still feel good. If I’m not riding in trainers/bedrocks I’m wearing five tens. I’ll probably go to ride concepts for my next shoe, but something like the five ten trail cross might work out? They’ll all look kinda goofy if not going for the baggies/regular clothes aesthetic

The brown ones!

Manifesting some brown pedals with gold pins

1 Like

Helping

5 Likes

it definitely went up to 1132.

1 Like

Dammit now I want a set of the Yoshimuras with multi color short pins

1 Like

I just want some so I can put a cool Yoshimura decal on my top tube

I recently went down a “what if I got pinned pedals for my road bike that weren’t big and weren’t heavy” and fell into a junior bmx pedal rabbit hole. I kinda wanna try these Contecs or these tiny HTs that might actually be too small. Both are metal, look fine for an old road bike, and are in the mid-200g range, which is the same as my (slippery, one-sided) suntour superbes.

2 Likes

Don’t chase grams on flat pedals. You will end up with pedals for an ant.

2 Likes

Or some sweet Ti-axled Carpet-fiber bodies beauties?
claimed 172g

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2251832778677548.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt

1 Like

Put on the brake caliper that @Face sent me

I’m going to end up re cabling this bike again and changing the rear dangler/cassette.

2 Likes

Then I got this TAF used frame bag in the mail and put it on the funny wee bike

8 Likes

Those HTs are just the body for their T2 clipless pedals.

I-SEE-WHAT-YOU-DID-THERE

1 Like

Put the new fork on the crockbopper. With the boner stem it sure gets the bars up there. 27mm more axle to crown. Now I can ride no hands.
The normal shop I go to was closed so I went to one that is right down the street that I always assumed was inferior for some reason. Vintage mountain bikes on the walls, couple kids listening to music, two dogs. My new lbs.
The new fork also has eyelets for my old jandd front rack/basket.

18 Likes

1 1/8 fork?

Yep. This one. There is a 1" version as well.

1 Like

Oh wow, wish I had seen this last week lol. When I googled 1nch Threadless 26 fork these didn’t come up

1 Like