What did you do to your crosscheck today?

It’s a cucumber. Our garden is exploding with cucumbers and Roli likes snackin em.

4 Likes

Finally got the parts I ordered for the KS dropper for my 26er. WTH the replacement claw piece cable end thingy didn’t come with the grub screw but I got one from Ace hardware and now I have my first ever dropper post.

8 Likes

Pretty neat huh?

Yup. Looking forwarding to riding it.

Grabbed a sram chain and found a relatively new 34t knocking around the parts bin. Chain was def stretched. Dramatic difference in front derailleur shifting, had no idea that was the issue all along. Gonna rock this setup for a bit, new big ring one-day maybe

Learn something new everyday


5 Likes

if your ring and chain were that stretched, it’s best to replace all the drivetrain consumables. unless the chain and rings came from the parts bin and were worn separately from a relatively unworn cassette

4 Likes

When I first built the bike the cassette and chain rings were used (but from different eBay sellers), chain was new, groupsette new.

it’s possible that the cassette or rings were more worn than they looked and that accelerated the wear, but at this point it makes sense to closely inspect and replace cogs if not the whole cassette or you’re going to keep wearing stuff quickly or causing bad shifting

1 Like

I found a top tube pad in a closet, rocking it like it’s 00s?

12 Likes

it’s worth learning to read chain wear. it’s been a minute but assuming clean (lol yeah right i clean my chain by replacing it) drivetrain you can get a couple of chains out of a cassette and a couple of cassettes out of a “chainset”

there are many flawed ways to read chain wear but atmo a good ruler is one of the best ways.

http://pardo.net/bike/pic/fail-004/000.html
is a great breakdown of chain wear measurement tools and their respective follies, but a good quality rule centered on a pin tells you all you need to know :atmo:
if it’s too long, it’s too long and a good quality rule will let you know

4 Likes

I think I read that for the 12s chain setups you really want a 3-pin chain checker like the Pedro’s tool (Chain Checker Plus II – Pedro's NA ).

1 Like

guysshoe’n it.

Stuck a rusty old tara on the front and spent some time getting the bead on these tires to seat correctly. Next steps are a radlawn rack and a basket. was gonna get a low trail fork but at that point it’s lipstick on a pig and I should just get a fuckin off grid ditherer.

13 Likes

i know you’re a prime dew evangelist but i often forget you have a dew

that style of hybrid has been fuckin perfected. I think Breezer makes the best iteration but you make Dew with what’s on craigslist.

1 Like

Marin Larkspur is the new gold standard shartmo

5 Likes

larkspur looks proper dialed

1 Like


New wheel, thanks Rudy


Extendo (hopefully not sketchy, looks sketchy) did I install this correctly?


Made an aesthetic choice

3 Likes

I forgot to take a picture, but I put a Milk Crate Rack onto my girlfriend’s Kona Sutra last week.

Hey @EndpointBraden the milk crate rack fits great onto the Sutra! Feel free to put that on your website. You can use me as a reference.

3 Likes

Put new housing on my dropper post cable. Internal housing is dumb.

3 Likes

Did a little saddle wrangling

Commuter On One got the heavy saddle

Silly On One got the beat up lovely old Flite that my buddy gave me when leaving Seattle many years ago

6 Likes