What did you do to your crosscheck today?

I think that bike is small enough to just use the Wald basket and it’s stock struts and it will still stay low enough. That’s what I do with mine and it works just fine.

1 Like

The chain isn’t even a year old yet
Crankset came from eBay so who knows how many miles are on it


yeah those rings don’t look so hot to trot. how many miles do you put on a chain in a year? i’d say replacing both is in your near future

1 Like

Not as many as I’d like. I have a spare chainring I’ll try swapping in first.

That ring is dead.

A kmc chain could easily die in a year.

4 Likes

Just when I said I was going to cut back on bike spend lol

I have the road bike version of this bike. That is all.

1 Like

Swapped chainring, chain is still slightly loose but a little better. I’ll replace the chain next

The first time you reef it up a hill in that little ring you are going to have a very bad time.

Also that Praxis ring looks like it could be well on it’s way to smoked too.

3 Likes

Neither of those rings looks great IMO

1 Like

Noted, I’ll invest in new rings all around

Any recommendations or should I just go with a sram replacement?

this price seems decent

1 Like

Cleaned up some old XT v-brake levers and put them on ol’ stumpy to free up the XTR levers on it for another bike for another day.

Shame the stumpy won’t be treated to a nice set of SRAM levers…

3 Likes

Replaced the bar tape on the curly bar bike and fiddled with the headset but it’s still being weird. I can’t seem to get the preload just right and riding no handed is tricky, I should probably just replace it but there are so many headset “standards” these days……

Those levers are the kind of part you build an entire bike around.

Sir, this is Tarck.

4 Likes

Yea, get the little one too.

And a sram chain.

Oh, wait. I know I got all this in the bike office…

Did a 50 mile ride on the Klein. Spent a lot of time at 7 mph. Also did gold sprints later

4 Likes

Cleaned out the box.

6 Likes

Is that a pepper