What did you do to your crosscheck today?

Put a derper on my new xc whip, an X-fusion Manic. First impressions: 1. Super nice derper. 2. WTF was I doing hi-posting around for the past month. I got use to it, but F that S.

1 Like

moved the saddle on my mtb/hybrid up and forward to jive better with new higher/closer handlebar position, feels kinda weird to be that upright but it’s a puttering around and getting groceries bike now so I guess I don’t have to race everywhere

drove to the office to use the workstand to fix some stuff on the mtb and road bike but forgot the shop key at home :-/ :-/

Rode it 40 miles, which is the longest I’ve ridden in a long time. Got in some mtb and cross bike level gnar on some hiking trails with stairs and trees. I saw a lake and a vulture along the way.

1 Like

Put some sweet hybrid bars and new grips on my basketbike. Also swapped out the Nachos Pass tires for some Tioga PowerBlocks, a+++ would swap again.

ourladyofperpetualspin.gif

I’m really so-so on these Swift tires I got and am getting closer and closer to PowerBlocks.

The handlebars I’m using with my wald basket don’t have a wide enough center section so I cut up an old seat post for shims. Then did some buttressing of the clamps with some metal scraps. Feels much more solid now.

4 Likes

whoa, next level walding

I had no reason to buy them, but totally glad I did. I should just listen to tarck more, and earlier.

Doing a 3 day / 2 night bikepacking loop with Scott, Moira & Monica this weekend.
I don’t have a real MTB so decided to take the fenders off my Elephant for the first time ever. Had a pile of unused 27.5 MTB tires that I got for free a long time ago so went big for the first attempt. WTB Bee Line 2.2" barely cleared the fork, 3rd waterbottle, pusher in small chainring & bridges.
I mounted them up a couple nights ago to see if they could hold air overnight with no sealant, nope, bead didn’t stay on the shelf either. Damn. Decided to go for it anyways, put some orange seal in last night pumped up to 40psi to get the bead back up without much trouble (Topeak tubless floor pump dump). Woke up this morning and only the rear was flat. Reinflated and shook it up again, hoping I don’t need to reinflate every morning of the trip, definitely bringing some spare tubes.

6 Likes

Love that casing mod.

That bike just makes me happy every time I see it.

2 Likes

Tried to chase down a spoke ping in the front wheel of the nerdavinden.

It’s been pinging quite a bit, wheel was true. Tension seems fine.

It’s killing me.

r8000 fd on the caad
new tape as well
working front gorilla is nice

Squirrel, tell me what’s going on with that rear brake routing? Is the caliper upside down or am I just oblivious to something that I should know from the collective Tarckmind?

I drilled a hole in ogdrack and attached an iq x

2 Likes

Holy workshop batman. Is that yours?

Also waiting to hear from someone that has actually ridden with an IQ-X. Worthy upgrade over CyoPremiumTarckMembershipEdition?

After my rear 105 shifter died, I decided to finally take my Vaya to 11. Installed Sram Rival shifters to a gx 11s dangler, sunrace 11-40 cassette. New chain ended up being a bit short, and the Rival fd didn’t play nice with the 46t chainring and the upper end of the cassette, so I’ll be attempting to use a XT fd from the parts bin. Travel seems ok, but I haven’t set up the cable to fingers crossed for now.

1 Like

the iq-x is pretty tight. at first i thought i didn’t like it as much as my 70 lux cyo, but then i rode that again.

the biggest problem is low speed flicker starts sooner than with the cyo, but that just makes me pedal harder. also the standlight sucks. but you could bring a headlamp. still visible enough at a stoplight atmo

2 Likes

seconded on IQ X frustrations. It’s definitely more good for the price than categorically amazing. The garbage standlight is really the worst thing about it.

2 Likes