What do you put under your a$$??

I have a fizik rondine gel saddle, it’s too slippery, i end up sliding forward. I liked the bianchi pista saddle I had the best so far, wide enough and grippy. Anybody have a suggestion on a saddle that isn’t real slippery beside the pista saddle I mentioned. I like the look of the Selle San Marco Concor SetteZero but not sure how it grips.

try angling the nose up a bit if its “slippery”
I used to think my turbo on my road bike was slippery, but really the front bolt on the seatpost was just a little slippery and had lowered the nose ever so slightly. Coincidently, all that holding on has given me ass muscles that could smash a watermelon and rupture a soda can, at the same time.

I used to think my turbo on my road bike was slippery, but really the front bolt on the seatpost was just a little slippery and had lowered the nose ever so slightly. Coincidently, all that holding on has given me ass muscles that could smash a watermelon and rupture a soda can, at the same time.[/quote]

I have adjusted it, if I tilt the nose up anymore it applies more pressure to the sensitive area than I care to have. Maybe I’ll try to come up with some way to make it grip a little better, or get a pista saddle with the googy leopard print since I know it works for me.

I used to think my turbo on my road bike was slippery, but really the front bolt on the seatpost was just a little slippery and had lowered the nose ever so slightly. Coincidently, all that holding on has given me ass muscles that could smash a watermelon and rupture a soda can, at the same time.[/quote]

I have adjusted it, if I tilt the nose up anymore it applies more pressure to the sensitive area than I care to have. Maybe I’ll try to come up with some way to make it grip a little better, or get a pista saddle with the googy leopard print since I know it works for me.[/quote]

If it works, why change it? Those saddles seem to be around in surplus, I think you might be the only person who likes them XD. You might try and do some work with sandpaper, or get some cloth athletic tape from a sports store and put some on in in strips or a pattern or something.

Yeah, everybody hates them it seems, Maybe I’ll try the athletic tape, that’s a simple idea that hadn’t crossed my mind. I tried sanding but the sand paper I used was real fine, so we’ll see how it goes.

Yeah, everybody hates them it seems, Maybe I’ll try the athletic tape, that’s a simple idea that hadn’t crossed my mind. I tried sanding but the sand paper I used was real fine, so we’ll see how it goes.[/quote]

I’ve found that if I make a cross type thing with a strip along the back in the wide part and a strip right down the middle it adds plenty of hold.

awesome, I’ll be trying that for sure.

I’ve been using Flites for something like 16 years and they agree more with my ass than any other seat. I had a Brooks Swift for about a year and it was a close second but the maintenance was a bit more than I wanted to deal with.

Airone on my Roadie thats OK but I wish was a Turbo
Turbo on my track bike
Brooks Pro on my One-Way
B17 on my Rivendell style run about type machine

I wish I could find some secret stash of NOS Turbos, I would give up the Brooks for that.

B17 FTW

Fizik Aliante all the way.
I’ve tried a bunch over the years. Got an Aliante as a take-off from a bike I sold. Ended up getting two more before I left the shop. Now I’m looking at getting the nicer version when I get a bike that isn’t going to get beat to hell commuting.

bontrager c20 and c30 on the fixed’s. and a specialized something or other on the roadie.

Brooks B17

ass-blackening ideale mod. 45

i’ve got
selle italia gel flow trans am on the irobfssfg
honey brooks pro on commuter
grey brooks pro on fixed/ss cross bike
brooks b17n on mtb
brooks b17n imperial on ridearound bike
e3 form saddle on roadie

I’ve heard great things about rubber chickens.

Rolling around town: Rolls
Long rides: Flite
Cross: WTB Speed V
Polo: Whatever I can find that isn’t bent or broken (yet)
Vintage Track: Concor
Modern Track: Undecided. Right now I have a San Marco Panza. Will report back.

I liked my Arione until I cracked a wing.
My girlfriend has these Specialized saddles that I think are wicked comfy.
IRO saddles are teh suck

B17N on my tarck bike. Selle Italia gel XO on the road bike.

selle rolls

selle italia SLRs on everything but the cross bike which has a Fizik Poggio