Where's the Terrible Handlebars Thread?

Isn’t it more important where the extended bit goes? It’s pointing back towards the rider from what I can see. Does the split in the clamp actually matter much? I don’t think I’ve ever paid attention to that.

1 Like

I have those grips. The paddle part where your palm goes faces backwards. The clamp is integral to the grip and cant be turned around

Hey, I post one picture of my aero bar experiment and you people go all nuts! You will be happy to hear those bars are off now…

1 Like

gtfo new guy
don’t post again until you figure out where first posts go

Well, I read all the intro and FAQ, did not see anything about my first post. There was this:

This is a Civilized Place for Public Discussion
Please treat this discussion forum with the same respect you would a public park. We, too, are a shared community resource — a place to share skills, knowledge and interests through ongoing conversation.

“gtfo new guy” was not what I expected.

Reading is hard.

lol
gtfo

OK, I posted it. Have at it.

I was wrong. There is an Ergon grip, specifically marketed toward swept-back bar users, where the clamp is oriented with the screw toward the front of the bike.

Nu guy not only has is grips oriented correctly, he is even using the correct grip for his bar type. Bravo.

Sorry TAL.

Typical Ergon cork grip (model GP1 BioKork), right grip shown:

Ergon GC1 BioKork:

1 Like

No need for that. I really didn’t know.

new guy still sucks tho, like all new guys

Hmm that is interesting.

For when you didn’t actually want quite that much sweep

The only reason new guy is here is because you guys snagged my Flickr photos and trashed me behind my back. I’d much rather be insulted to my face, thank you. So, what else on my bike sucks?

oh boy

1 Like

Lol

Everything. It’s a tautology - new bikes suck because they’re new, because sucky bikes knew they knew we know. Ya know?

Or maybe that’s a koan?

Ergon biokork
installed the right direction, still
trashed behind his back

1 Like

It looks like Mr. Belopsky cross posted from my ibob thread, there was a lot of weird traffic on Flickr which turned out to be from here. Seriously you guys, go ahead and trash it. No worries.

idk r u riding it right now
zing

6 Likes

so busted…